Alky

TheGovernment

So my Razors kit is finally being put in and I got some meth from a friend who runs it in his race cars. He was saying it had some meth lube in it, so it wouldn't wreck the o-rings in his setup and that everyone uses the same fuel. Is this ok to run with the kit? I'm assuming it is but I just want to make 100% sure, I'm not going to hurt anything.

thanks

No lube in alky for razor's kit.

Sooooo double check with Julio before you precede. Most run top lube because the alky is there only fuel. I don't think the pump it designed for use with the lube.

that sucks if I can't as it's the only stuff I can get around here

Lube is petroleum based. Alky kit pumps cannot handle petroleum. Lube is to "lube" the fuel pumps on a race car application.. like Aeromotive/Weldon/etc

When he buys the alcohol it doesnt come with lube. He adds the lube. So you need to get your hands on it before they pour the lube in.

Go to home depot and get some methyl hydrate. or find another source.

Its like this.. a 5 gallon pail of C16 is 90.00 10 gallons is 180.00. If you use the alcohol with the lube and it wrecks the pump in 4-6 months.. it would still be cheaper than buying race gas.

HEET in the yellow bottles is also methanol.

Well, I bought a case of methyl. I can get a drum of pure Meth but with only a month or 2 left in car driving season for me, I'll just get the drum in the spring. :)

So I had a mechanic friend install the kit and I took it out for it's first voyage. Have the dials setup like they say to in the manual for a baseline and the controller in the car to 7 (new TT chip installed as well) Now I know i need a tune and everything is coming on as it says it should but it just bogs down at anything over the 6 psi that the pump starts to come on at. I have a translator and lt1 maf. I have the pac under dash controller dials set to like the picture in the manual. The boost gauge reads 10 psi but the dash boost gauge reads 20? would that have anything to do with anything? lol I know the boost gauge was T'd into the map line. It sucks not having a tuner around here :( The mechanic is a good dude but he wants nothing to do with tuning, which i understand as I wouldn't either :)

yes but I can't even get into any of the tuning because it falls flat on its face. The only way I can build any boost is turn the knob in the car to 2. Everything seems to be working properly. Though I'm messing around in the dark, I'll just leave it for today. I did notice that after installing the new chip, it doesn't seem to be any quicker. Doesn't the alky TT chip have 22Degres timing on it? compared to the one I had before with 17.
It's also not like I'm a tuner, I know the basics and have never dealt with this stuff before, so I'm gonna miss stuff.