Alky Rules

Grumpy

Thread killer
Ok I have been watching the Alky class a little:p.. Rules ??? there are none :biggrin: How about letting hybrids in :confused:

I would say its cool if they can make a weight requirement. I could only imagine how fast the 9.90-9.80 cars powerplants would go in a 3000lb car. I
want to run a class (THS or TAI) in 2010 even if im not running "big dog" times. Grumpy, how much do you think the RX-7 will weigh?

so in your words NO ONE can race in TIA :p ?? Do any of them actually "drive" their cars ?? :confused:

I drove my car to BG with the intention of completing in TAI(weather didn't agree) and went 10's, Oh and this was on a new combo that hadn't been to the track yet and only had a few miles on a frsh motor...I know it's not as fast as some people but I even daily drove it for a little while this year while my truck was down.

ummm can't reply right now.. buzzed with pain meds :rolleyes: be back tomorrow :eek::biggrin:

well had a bad night.. Therapist is goin to be here in an hour:rolleyes: more drugs.. hope to be back after lunch .. oh NOT Meth .. Vicodin :p
Mazda should be about 3000#s I think .. then throw my fat ass in the car .. so maybe add a little weight to meet 3400#s .. I can't see how you could get a driver GN to be that light :confused:

Melissa put 8000+ miles on her car this summer..
... hey a 7 sec Buick can be driven on the street but I wonder how long it could do it. Car purred like a kitten to. :biggrin:

I would say its cool if they can make a weight requirement. I could only imagine how fast the 9.90-9.80 cars powerplants would go in a 3000lb car. I
want to run a class (THS or TAI) in 2010 even if im not running "big dog" times. Grumpy, how much do you think the RX-7 will weigh?

I am curious what the car weighs to .. I did add some weight with the 8.8 Ford rear and a cage. We have a "nothing" motor in the car right now BUT the "other" motor is sitting on the engine stand (been sitting there since Melissa ran 9s with it) . Got a TA balancer for it so it will clear the steering rack now. I am just curious if I could get hybrids included in the class as long as they met "weight" . :cool:

I have a thought on the matter actually...Since "Most" hybrids are going to be smaller cars cutting less wind than even a TTA (not to mention a Regal), perhaps they should be let in with a weight penalty.

....I'm tagged, insured, and have an up to date emissions inspection....I like driving it too much to have a dedicated race car....isn't that the idea of the 93/meth to begin with?? :confused: C16 would be a lot simpler for a trailer queen....

I do agree in re-posting what we think the rules should be before BG...are parachutes considered street legal???

I have a thought on the matter actually...Since "Most" hybrids are going to be smaller cars cutting less wind than even a TTA (not to mention a Regal), perhaps they should be let in with a weight penalty.

I agree.

.isn't that the idea of the 93/meth to begin with?? :confused: C16 would be a lot simpler for a trailer queen....

I do agree in re-posting what we think the rules should be before BG...are parachutes considered street legal???

HELL ya thats what its all about !!! I thought runnin mid 11s was the greatest thing with pump gas and alky way back then (Julio made me try a kit on Melissa's old WE4) .. Now driving even faster cars is unbelievable !! Hell even old guys in Camaro's are doin it :biggrin: I'd like to see the TAI cars as a street car class NOT a TSM class. :cool:

ok I forget the weight #s.. (ya I am still flyin around the room here :eek:) Was it 3400 with iron heads and 3500 with alum ?? What is the racin weight of some of you guys ?? Melissa is 3660 from what I remember.. NO way we could trim 260#s off of it.. hey ya need AC when it's 90* out :cool:

I think it would just open up a can of worms to let hybrids in the TAI class....Why dont we let the guys who actually show up for the class agree on the rules

My car was 3650 with the tank totally full from the gas station fill up.