Alky pump starting to leak

stevek

My alky pump started to leak after car was parked. was wondering if it was ok to send pump back to alky shop and have them repair it. The leak is where the head and cylinder meet, system works great just needs to be fixed. thanks

There is a gasket in there that cracks. If you take the screws out and remove the head you will see what I'm talking about.

Mine lasted over five years before leaking and I think Julio recommends that the pump be rebuilt every three or four years. Since yours is less than a year old ask Julio if he could just sell you the gasket.

It takes less than five minutes to replace and wouldn't justify the cost of a complete overhaul of the pump. I think Julio will sell you just the gasket. I wouldn't pay for a total rebuild, which is over 100.00 bucks with shipping for a gasket that costs less than a buck or two.

Now if you ran something other than straight meth or used funnels contaminated with oil or other petrol products you may need a complete rebuild.

I took my pump apart when it was five years old and starting to leak and the only part that needed replacing was the gasket in the head of the pump.

Just my 2 cents, as I hate to see you spend over a hundred bucks for a leaking gasket that you could change yourself for less than ten bucks.

If its less than a year old its under warranty. Don't mess with it and let me take care of it for you.