Alky pumo leaking??

TLI

I have a PAC pump that has recently started leaking between the metal motor and the plastic on the actual pump part. Is there anything that will last with meth for a new seal?:cool:

I have a PAC pump that has recently started leaking between the metal motor and the plastic on the actual pump part. Is there anything that will last with meth for a new seal?:cool:
whos system?? and how old???

Gasoline will kill these pumps. As will oil. If gas or oil got into your methanol, no seal in the world will stop that.

With straight methanol thats not contaminated.. you will get years of service. With gasoline in the mix.. 2-3 weeks it will start to leak. The valve isnt the issue, its the diaphram. Its made out of a material called santoprene, santoprene is excellent with alcohol, poor with petroleum.

Sometimes it can be a simple screws need snugging down, if the screws are tight.. you more than likely need a new pump..

Sometimes its the suppliers fault cross contaminating, sometimes its the user using old gasoline cans. The liquid should be clear and leave no residue.

HTH

Pump Leaking

It is Razors pump, probably 3yrs old. I bought new cans and used them only for methanol so there should not have been anything else in the methanol. It leaks all the time rather it is running or not. I did tighten the bolts down but it didn't help. I did not crank on them alot how tight do they need to be. If I need a new pump how much would that be??
:frown:

It is Razors pump, probably 3yrs old. I bought new cans and used them only for methanol so there should not have been anything else in the methanol. It leaks all the time rather it is running or not. I did tighten the bolts down but it didn't help. I did not crank on them alot how tight do they need to be. If I need a new pump how much would that be??
:frown:
WWW.ALKYCONTROL.COM

it looks like 140.00 for a new pump unless julio just replaces parts that are needed to fix

727-570-9999 Buick 86/87
Components as shown:
PAC Progressive controller - $189
Modified pump (for methanol) - $140
Inline filter assembly - $35
Braided hoses pre-assembled - $63
Misting nozzle - $10
GM reservoir w/ low level - $70
Pump fittings - $8
Harness, loom, connectors, ties $15
Mini-overflow tank - $20
3 Bar MAP sensor - $70
Total - $620
Complete kit price - $530
Includes instructions/tuning tips
1 year parts/labor warranty.

3 year old pump.. anything is possible. Let alone they are built different today than they where 3 years ago.