Alky kit options

Razor is alkycontrol
snow is maf based and incase you didnt know it the maf reaches max at around 15psi so that controller would be maxed out at below the level you need meth to be progresive seing as how youll be boost north of 20psi , some of us are north of 30psi
razors kit is map based using a 3bar (0-30psi) map sensor , so boost determines the flow as more boost would require more meth due to the temp rise from boost , the goal is to drop the heat out of the air charge. in the 9s at near 30psi my inlets are mid 60s with razors kit and dual nozzle (others have gone 9s on a single nozzle)
any alky system will have issues with the pump due to the nature of meth , difference is the razor kit minimizes issues , and the customer support is what every company should strive for

Last edited:
not only that, but the support available from Razors!!!!!
here on the board, and online, and PH.

Cool so heres what iv got
Iv got
A 109 block mildl stroke
.30 over
Forged everything
Mild cam
Ported and polished head
Port and polish intake mani
4 inch tin man intake
3.5inch maf translator
3 inch dp
Custom 3 inch exhaust
Modded stock turbo
Walbro 255 with hot wire
More gauges and scan tools then i wanna admit to having (my dash looks like xxx car)

Would alky 42s and a chip be sufficiant or should i do 60s or 80s

id say razor kit all the way. my car came with the SMC kit and it works good but nothing beats the razor kits my uncles car has.. pump is alot bigger and just like cruzn57 stated

what is a mild stroke .. its either stroked or it isnt if its forged ?
for stock turbo 42s are more than adequate but the build you have for a stock turbo is a complete waste
so 42s are good for now and into mid 11s which you wont get on stock turbo but how long will you be on that turbo
aside from injectors and turbo your motor may be bigger/stronger than the combo i have in my 86

Its stroked it has forged piston and rod and billet mains too iv always said mild because it dosnt seem like much lol

The issue with MAF based is the meter on most Buicks will stop reading(pinned) when it hits 255 grams. This can happen at 15 psi on most Buicks. Meaning once it hits 255.. the kit doesnt have a way to increase pressure. By having the 3 bar.. your at 18 psi and go to 22 psi.. the system simply sees the increase and adds pressure.
Back to the MAF.. now the computer see's 255 and doesnt add any more fuel. So having the meth kit run of the 3 bar fixes a lot of this.. as boost goes up.. more meth.. more fuel.. whalla problem solved.
So the extra 100 bucks is hardware and much more. Plastic lines vs stainless lines. Filters, electrical, AN fittings, 3 bar map sensor, specialty harness's, specialty wiring, tank capacity, extra tanks, etc.. I need to raise prices after seeing that link on ebay :D

Bang for the buck Razors kit is the way to go, I started with an AEM kit the controller lasted a year or so I replaced it with a Cooling mist controller which I do really like about a year after that my pump packed it in its now a devils own pump. My set up works but if I had it to do over again I would go with the razors kit I would be ahead 3 or 4 hundred bucks and have a system designed for my car rather than trying to work a system around my car.

Julio is the man. i'm surprised people are even debating over $100 for a universal kit or a kit designed specifically for these cars.

Bang for the buck Razors kit is the way to go, I started with an AEM kit the controller lasted a year or so I replaced it with a Cooling mist controller which I do really like about a year after that my pump packed it in its now a devils own pump. My set up works but if I had it to do over again I would go with the razors kit I would be ahead 3 or 4 hundred bucks and have a system designed for my car rather than trying to work a system around my car.

^^^^^this. I did an smc system first to save $100 and ended up getting a razor kit two years later. Julio is the man with the plan. I've since learned to do it right the first time. I just keep a rebuilt pump on the shelf and change it every few years and send my old one to Julio for rebuild and that becomes my shelf unit.

I know i could be making alot more power with after market turbo but im not one to change things that arent broken untill that turbo starts going im gonna stick with it when i swap im going with a 6262 and a 2800 tq

I had intake temps in the low 50's! I love spraying this stuff almost as much as I like drinking it:hungover:

I know i could be making alot more power with after market turbo but im not one to change things that arent broken untill that turbo starts going im gonna stick with it when i swap im going with a 6262 and a 2800 tq

If you take care of your car the way I think you do, you'll never were out that turbo.