alky control

Aris

Hi my name is Aris just purchased a 1987 regal T havnt owned a turbo car in years is there anyone in the Lehigh valley that can help me get this alky control system working its from a guy named julio.. it is already installed it pumps but you cant shut it off unless you undo the connector previous owner said something about 3 bar map..... car runs awesome.... i have a garage heat and tools just need help...Aris....610-837-8309 merry christmas...

Julio goes by screen name "Razor" here on the TB boards. Post this is the alky section as he is a mod there and he'll get with you. Without a properly working 3bar MAP sensor, the kit will not work as designed.

Look up "Alky Control" on the internet and either e mail or call Julio.

He will take the time to educate you and walk you through any problems you have with his system.

Heck, he'll probably even diagnose other problems you might have and help you with those. That's how he does things.

Perhaps you should let him get through the holidays.......;)

if you try to use a 2bar stock GN map sensor with the alkycontrol alky kit the voltage at key on will be high enough to activate the system
2 bar at key on (0psi) is 2.4 volts
3bar it should be 1.6v
when the 3bar sensor reaches 6psi (approx 2.0volts ) it will activate the alky pump so i you have a 2 bar it will run the pump with key on

you can get a 3bar gm style sensor from razor or through ebay

if you try to use a 2bar stock GN map sensor with the alkycontrol alky kit the voltage at key on will be high enough to activate the system
2 bar at key on (0psi) is 2.4 volts
3bar it should be 1.6v
when the 3bar sensor reaches 6psi (approx 2.0volts ) it will activate the alky pump so i you have a 2 bar it will run the pump with key on

you can get a 3bar gm style sensor from razor or through ebay

That makes sense i see the map on passenger inner fender how do i identify 3 bar vs 2 bar,,thanks

key on measure the voltage at the pac green wire
you could also check at map connector center pin ( push a paperclip into back of connector ) but its very important to know what the voltage on the green wire to the PAC alky controller is .. its possible someone tied the green pac input wire into the wrong point and its seeing either 5v or 12v

with key on it should read 1.6v if it is a 3 bar , 2.4 v if it a stock gn 2 bar

as for how to connect the map sensor 5v signal and output , see the alky forum sticky for " digital dash and 3 bar map" (also for gnx style dash)

This is only a quick fix, but,

You can open the PAC box and turn the "turn on" knob clockwise to see if it turns on the pump at a higher voltage then it sees at rest (see pacecarta's post above).

I wouldn't get into boost tho, the Alky won't have the same ramp anymore, make note of where the knob is and put it back when your done and get the right map sensor.

Hi again...after further investigation here is what i have found and thanks for everyones patience...gray wire to MAP is cut( what is that for? good or bad) should i splice it back together...... green wire at map with key on 9.8v battery voltage 12.2... I have e-mailed razor on the alky problem...and he said he would get back to me after vacation ... what does PAC stand for is that the all weather connector.... also trying to figure out what turbo i have it says T 6 A/R .70..... I sure hope ther is a couple of guys around bethlehem PA that would mind going over the car with me! there is time slips for a 11 .84 @110mph in glove box...thanks agaim!...Aris

looks liek someone fed 12v to the map sensor
map sensor needs a 5v source and ground

ive explained it already and the "3bar map with digital dash" thread at top of this forum explains the connections to be sure the map sensor gets 5v and ground

PAC is the control box for the alkycontroll , its labeled as such (progressive alky controller)
going to the pac box is a green wire , thats signal from the map and you need to see 1.6v key on engine off
cant make it any clearer

looks liek someone fed 12v to the map sensor
map sensor needs a 5v source and ground

ive explained it already and the "3bar map with digital dash" thread at top of this forum explains the connections to be sure the map sensor gets 5v and ground

PAC is the control box for the alkycontroll , its labeled as such (progressive alky controller)
going to the pac box is a green wire , thats signal from the map and you need to see 1.6v key on engine off
cant make it any clearer

Ok thanks for your patience ...You were clear..... I am trying to get all these terms ...what do you think about that gray wire to the Map???( i see both ends but its not connected>>> should i fix it.. thanks

i cant tell you to connect wires without seeing what they are and where they come or go to

read the 3bar map post , if you wire the map as described (jumping the tps 5v and the tps ground ) under the dash the grey wire for map sensor power would need to be cut going back to the gauges if you had analog dash
if you dont have 5v at map sensor connector gray wire after that you need to fix the wiring

No problem... i am under the hood on pass side inner fender the gray wire i am talking about is one of the 3 wires that go to the map sensor (green is in the middle) gray wire is the one closer to fire wall for some reason it is cut right there the gray wire then goes into the harness that heads bacck toward the firewall... does that make sense! thanks Aris

if its cut right there meaning you have only the signal out (middle) and ground ....how are you reading 9.8 volts on the signal out wire ???

connected gray wire have 5.2v... it seems all will work..... going to put a test fluid in today and see if it works.... any input on turbo i have listed above.....Thanks as always..Aris

not enough info for turbo
need to measure the wheel diameters top and bottom on cold side and that will give an idea then you need atleast the exhaust wheel diameter at the top of wheel