Alcohol injection

mikestertwo

Just installed Razor's alcohol system. What are you guys using for alcohol? I have been trying to find some methanol in my area but so far no luck. Is there something else you can use that will work just as well?

you can use denatured alcohol. It is not as good as meth IMO. But it will work until you find meth.

Just installed Razor's alcohol system. What are you guys using for alcohol? I have been trying to find some methanol in my area but so far no luck. Is there something else you can use that will work just as well?

do you have a local race track? if so they should have it there

Richard had an interesting write-up in the lastest GS News Letter on Alky Injection. If I read it correctly he states that either Methanol or Denatured Alky will work fine. He seems to prefer Denatured Alky and goes on to say that Denatured Alky is "softer" on the motor (I think that's the word he used). Don't know exactly what he means by that. There's a lot of talk and speculation as to the actual octane rating of Methanol. I don't know the answer as I am new to alky injection. I suspect that the octane is high but its ability to prevent knock may be more than just its high octane rating. Alcohol is also noted for its cooling ability. The one down-side to denatured Alcohol is its high cost.

Just call up the local speed shop in your area. All the ones here sell Methanol

Go the the parts store and get a 5 gallon gas can (label it meth with a perm marker) for 10 bucks and then fill it with meth and you will be good for a month or so daily driving and getting in the boost/racing daily.