alcohol injection or max effort as my next mod?

dannyv6

This one is a tough call. Which one should i go with?
Kinda leaning towards the max effort. What are the pros and cons of both.
Thanks

Depends on what your goals are.

If you want to be on "kill mode" all the time, I would say get the alky. If you want to get the car tuned to the max for the strip, I would say Max Effort. Steve Y also likes an EGT gauge, so if you go with the ME you might want to invest in the egt gauge since the ME ignores the O2 sensor.

I would go with the SMC kit first..probably the best upgrade I ever did. This thing really works, no Knock @ 21 PSI of boost. You will not be sorry!!

87 GN, PT-51, 50#MSD, CasV4,THDP, SMC alky,Hemco, 65mmTB, BFG drags, GNX rims, ZR-1 brakes.

If this is a daily driver car I would go with the SMC. If you use race gas religiously then I would go with the ME.

I would go with the SMC kit first and the ME second as it will allow you to run far better on 93, 93 w/alky, or race gas.

It is not intended to pass emissions but not much will pass you once it's dialed in and you have the rest of your combination working properly...

Steve Y has some tricks that work really good with alky as he runs his white car only on alky.

Again, depends on how you use your car. If the street is where you spend most of your time, go alky. You won't be sorry. SMS is the best kit in my opinion.

I dont drive my car much at all. Just occasionally on the weekends. Right now i have a mix of 110 and 93. Running about 22lbs of boost with no knock. And i really like it alot!!!! I plan on going to the track a few times this year. But not religiously.
What gains will i see with the max effort?

Where you are at you may not get a gain with the TW.
However, the alcohol injection will really bring it to life on pump gas. You wont need race fuel or have to change the plugs.
IMO the alcohol is the way to go for now......
Steve

I was just getting ready to say what steve Y said. You may not get any more performance from the Max Effort. The ME just lets you run what you have at the optimum level. The alky actually gives you extra performance. I have the SMC and just bought the ME chip. I'm using the ME to dial in the alky kit to optimal performance.