air to water or ai

85 TR

i have a friend who is selling a air to water intercooler with heat exchanger and all for about what i can get a injection kit for. What do you guys think would be best
Also if i get alcohol injection i wont have the money to change ecu and get a good chip will the red's 93 i have right now work

thanks

There are points to each one. The main issue isnt realling the cooling but octane benefit seen with AI. The cooling as a side benefit is another.

Just becuase your intake temp is 30 degree's doesnt mean you can run 27 PSI with 93 octane.

Do the conversion on your car to 86/87 electronics, get the scanmasterII, get the chip issues handled.. and start dialing it in.. work from there and get all the bugs out.. once thats been done contemplate the AI, IC, etc..

HTH

hey razor thanks for the reply i am just at a point were i have saved some money for my car and dont really know were to put it. i am going to run ai but i also know that at some point i need to upgrade my intercooler and this deal on the air to water seems to be pretty good just dont see many guys with these intercoolers , no real question just a little un shure what to do

thanks guys

The stock junky 86/87 IC has been in plenty of mid 11 sec GN's. And they can be had practically for 100.00 on the for sale section of this board.

KISS.. keep it simple.....

HTH

it is getting old mixingthe xylene and i dont want to run threw o2 sensors all the time running leaded race gas so i may just go with the alcohol injection.

Watch the water to air, water does have more mass and does cool better if your heat exchanger is large enough to efficently handle the flow of air. The other factor is removing the heat from the water in your system, without the water staying cool there is no intercooling. I played that game once and it cost me about 3k to make the system work, plus the added weight. Now I just run the front mount a to a.
With the AI you get the 110 octane plus a drop in BTUs when the alcohol goes from liquid to gas. There are charts showing octane requirements lower as intake temps drop and that lbs of air will be different at the same boost level providing more hp BUT there are alot of proven methods you can use before you get to that point. (most of which have already been covered. :)