Aftermarket intakes

6PacktoGo

Moderator / Curmudgeon
How are they on distribution? I've seen two or three versions of the modified hot air intake, most notably the elusive TurboMotion/S&S, and I'm wondering how they are on air distribution. I'm going to run alcohol injection, so I don't care about intercoolers at all. I just want the best air distribution so I don't have excessive cylinder to cylinder variances. I've got a flowbench, but I don't think a flowbench will provide absolute answers for air distribution.

when jay was developing the intake he flowed it to within a few cfm per runner.i haven't seen any independent flow bench tests tho.

i honestly think the best plan for lotsa alky on a hotair is a port matched stock intake.maybe lee thompson will chime in.he's running high 10's with no intercooler,a stock port matched intake and a serious shot of methanol.

later,sean

Originally posted by WFO
when jay was developing the intake he flowed it to within a few cfm per runner.i haven't seen any independent flow bench tests tho.

i honestly think the best plan for lotsa alky on a hotair is a port matched stock intake.maybe lee thompson will chime in.he's running high 10's with no intercooler,a stock port matched intake and a serious shot of methanol.

later,sean

I know what Lee is doing, but I don't like running wet manifolds if I don't have to. Lee feels the long runner gives the alcohol more time to cool the mixture. I want a shorter route and a much smaller plenum. I know what Jay's flow numbers are, mine are just as well balanced. I'm looking for flow distribution in the plenum. You can get each port to flow the same, but I need running flow distribution.
Thanks

I'm not sure, but the only guy that I can think of that can do a flow distribution test is Race Jace, RJC Racing...He made the Power Plates for the 86/7 intakes...