aftermarket corner lenses?

streetworkxs

Since they are being discontinued prices are pretty high. $185 for a pair. Has anyone made any clear corner lights or replicas? Mine are faded out, and one has a crack, should i buy new ones? or hope to find a clean pair?

Side Marker lights

I would be interested as well. My drivers side has a crack in it and that seems to be the one that is most desireable. I purchased a passenger side one for a spare but I'm going to need a drivers side. Anybody know if anybody will be making an aftermarket one?

Here are some clear corners I made...............

Attachments

• IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 285
I would be interested in clear corners as well. Mine (driver and passenger) are cracked and need replacing.

Clear is simple and clean. On a car that is black and silver, IMO amber color doesnt jive.

Its completely on the other end of the spectrum of "fast and furious"

how do we get something like this started? Anyone know somebody who can get the castings for the lenses, and start making them? or are they going to wait untill there are completely no more lenses on gbodyparts.com or ebay etc? What do you guys think about smoked corners? from the pic above, all amber lenses don't look all to bad. I'm open to any corner light: smoked, factory, clear etc. CMON GUYS!!! do we all have to sign up to have these made so its worth it?

would it look weird if i only smoked the amber part on my lenses and kept the clear part clear? or should i just smoke the whole light. I'm going to try some $20 experiments before i end up buying new lights.:p

Yeah I'd like to know how you did those clears. I have clear marker/bumper whatever the proper name is, getting rid of the rest of the amber lenses would be nice.

If that's all you want then buy a can of VHT night shades. It's hard to work with on larger stuff like tail lights but small lenses would be easy.

how do we get something like this started? Anyone know somebody who can get the castings for the lenses, and start making them? or are they going to wait untill there are completely no more lenses on gbodyparts.com or ebay etc? What do you guys think about smoked corners? from the pic above, all amber lenses don't look all to bad. I'm open to any corner light: smoked, factory, clear etc. CMON GUYS!!! do we all have to sign up to have these made so its worth it?

We have the corner lights sent out already to the people that manufacture our grills & headlight bezels. We also sent out the tail lights & the trims.

Should be about 3-6 months before they are on the market.
Chrome trim DS lights are now discontinued as well. The passenger sides were gone about 2 months ago.

nice. hopefully they are reasonably priced, and don't screw people over because they are the only ones on the market. I smoked my lights last night. i'll try to post a pic, they came out pretty good. Haven't put on the clear coat yet, but will try this for a while and then buy new lights. I'll post pics sometime next week, my camera is broke. i did it on regular chrome regal lights, so it kind of gave it a black/chrome look on the trim. I'm not to crazy about that, and will be painting it strictly black when i get to it.