Aerosmith looking for a NEW front man

And so the soap opera continues. Last I had heard Tyler would rejoin Aerosmith at some point but once he takes care of some personal issues but in the meantime Perry and company were wanting to do something now. I have no problem with that in and of itself but without Tyler is it really Aerosmith?

they will probably do what Journey did and find someone that looks and sounds just like the original singer.

There is no Aerosmith without Tyler. That would be like the Rolling Stones trying to continue without Jagger.

If Perry & the boys want to do something now, call it the Joe Perry Experience or something... But NOT Aerosmith.

Joe Perry already has his own band. maybe they could get David Lee Roth and call themselves "the good singer from Van Halen and the other guys from Aerosmith" or something like that.

Tyler recently bailed on a fund raiser for a local charity. He had to drop out because he went to rehab for addiction to pain killers. He's certainly has had his fights with addictions. Hope he can dig himself out of this one. I met him once. I was at a craft show in Sunapee, NH, pretty much where Aerosmith came together. At a booth where a guy was selling spoons and forks carved from Lilac bushes (NH's state bush) I heard a voice beside me that I knew. I couldn't place it so I turned and looked. Tyler was standing right there. He was shorter than me (I'm about 5' 8") and dressed like a bum; yellow stained wife beater and not shaven. We talked about the carved spoons as he bought a bunch then he went off with his crowd which included his wife and the guy that wears a wedding dress in one of Aerosmith's video. Never got a chance to see them live but hopefully some day. Toys in the Attic was the second album I ever bought.

If Perry & the boys want to do something now, call it the Joe Perry Experience or something... But NOT Aerosmith.
When they first broke up in the early 80's, Joe's band's name was The Joe Perry Project. They had a couple of local hits and the singer was a local Boston guy.

This reminds me of the new " alice in chains "

They just got someone to sing the songs the way LAYNE did ... they need a new band name IMO ---

Assuming they own the name, the rest of Aerosmith can make more money by calling themselves Aerosmith than if they called themselves something else. So that's what they'll do and I don't blame them.

Joe Perry is the one that came up with the name Aerosmith, I believe. I also believe that he came up with the name before he had even met Steven Tyler, and before he even had a band together. So, I'd say he gets to keep it.

Steve Tyler recently grabbed a microphone at a Home Depot in Ca and sang a few songs. That must have been funny.

This reminds me of the new " alice in chains "

They just got someone to sing the songs the way LAYNE did ... they need a new band name IMO ---

Agreed, but AIC actually wrote music. Aerosmith became "DisneySmith" after the revamped "walk this way" back in the 80's.