Advice please

Sweet_lu86

what's the best modification to do to these engines for speed besides a bigger turbo,its going in my 86 GN?

what's the best modification to do to these engines for speed besides a bigger turbo,its going in my 86 GN?
There are many but if you can give us an idea of what size budget you are comfortable with spending we can help you to get the most bang for your dollar. Also do you know the history of the car and how many miles are on her?

There is plenty to do before bigger turbo. First is make it run correctly, next is fuel pump, air filter, hot wire for fuel pump, injectors if the stock ones are shot, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, chip, valve springs. These cars are old, so items need to be replaced due to age. If you dont plan on running race gas/ alky/ e85, then you are limited to 16 to 18 psi boost. A bigger turbo will do nothing at those boost levels, just have more lag.

Im with force fed 100 percent, bigger turbo about twentieth on list,dont forget the cooling system,central fla very hot,i used to live in Ocala,very nice.

Your question is not answerable?

Take a little time and think about what you want the car to do performance-wise, how you will use the car - street or strip, what is your budget to accomplish whatever it is that you want?

Maybe then you could get a reasonable answer. ;)

There are many but if you can give us an idea of what size budget you are comfortable with spending we can help you to get the most bang for your dollar. Also do you know the history of the car and how many miles are on her?

My budget would be some where in the 4k mark,as for her history I'm not to sure only thing I did was a Carfax report prior to me purchasing it the odometer reads 89,xxxx but don't k ow if it is accurate

There is plenty to do before bigger turbo. First is make it run correctly, next is fuel pump, air filter, hot wire for fuel pump, injectors if the stock ones are shot, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, chip, valve springs. These cars are old, so items need to be replaced due to age. If you dont plan on running race gas/ alky/ e85, then you are limited to 16 to 18 psi boost. A bigger turbo will do nothing at those boost levels, just have more lag.
Thanks I guess what I should do first is really determine what I want the car to do first

Your question is not answerable?

Take a little time and think about what you want the car to do performance-wise, how you will use the car - street or strip, what is your budget to accomplish whatever it is that you want?

Maybe then you could get a reasonable answer. ;)
Tbh I would like it to be show and go not trying settle for one of the other but I guess you're right I should first sit down with my mechanic and see what it is that I want the car to do exactly

Search, read, read, read and READ again! DO NOT throw parts at it! You will be wasting money! Figure what your goals are as far as fast. then do some searching for other builds and go from there.

Throwing money at it for the big glamour shiny bits sounds exciting and I'm with you there but you gotta get the mundane stuff out of the way first. on top of everything else mentioned I'd get new sensors, coil pack, ign, wires, alt, brakes, maf translator, some sort of engine tool like scanmaster etc...this costs a bit of money but well worth it IMO for reliability. These cars can be pretty quick with a few things but it's never good enough.

Search, read, read, read and READ again! DO NOT throw parts at it! You will be wasting money! Figure what your goals are as far as fast. then do some searching for other builds and go from there.
Well I'm positive I want it to be a 10 second car I guess I have to speak with people who have 10 sec GN

Costs more than 4k to have a reliable 10 second car, sorry.
Ok so how much would you say like I said prior to the GN I did Honda's and with 4k on a honday you could out run a Learjet that's assumeing you got the right engine in your Honda already

Has anything been done to it?
As for the engine Just bearings, rings, heads, timing chain because I originally wanted to keep it as original as possible but then my buddy got a 69 judge that's hits low 11's hints why I need it to be a 10 second car so I can blow the doors of his gto the body is in the current restoration phase everything that it needs it will get either refurbished or new

If its running like it should I would start with getting it to handle and stop better! New shocks, bushings, etc... If it still has the oem brake system look into the hydro boost
conversion.

Rick Harper? Wow, haven't heard that name in a long time. I went to his shop once, tiny place. There used to be a guy in Pompano that was good.