advice needed

DMOSTWANTED1

I was wondering which of the two has a better reputation for engine builders and who the board reccomends. Im looking to rebuild my bottom end and am between Conley's in TX and Weber in OH. Weber has an interesting stroker for about $6000.00 with a roller cam thats supposed to go easy low 10's to high 9's with the right combo. I know about Hartfield and cottons but these are the two ive narrowed it down too, kinda partial to Weber though. Any thoughts, i want to go mid to low tens with current combo and high 9's with minoir changes. Ive been told anything 10.50's or faster should have a girdle. But steel caps for 10.50's and slower. Help a brother out im also going to try the RJC head gasget kit and SBHC kit he offers :confused:

I doubt you'll get a recomendation on this because they are both supporting vendors w/a good reputation. You probably going to have to make this decision on your own.
Besides if someone does offer an opinion they'll probably be slamming someone rather than telling you who is the better shop.
IMO go with the one your most comforatable with since they both seem to really know what they are doing.

Just my $0.02: I would avoid Conley's at all cost.
I used to be a regular and loyal customer until I had my engine "rebuilt".
Not only did they rebuild it, they even changed the VIN!
I sent a 3 page letter citing all the problems (I don't want to go into a giant rant) and was told to go pound sand.
Prior to this the customer sevice seemed great, but I will never do business with them again. :(
D

wow

Thnx, i was kinda leaning towars Weber with the stroker honestly. Conleys definitely has good phone help though.

I think I remember Conley's having a 'bullet proof' bottem end rebuild that they warrantee down to 10.80s. Anyone honoring warantees on engines runnng 10.80s has to know their shidt.

You won't go wrong with either of the two.

A friend of mine has a fresh Weber built 109 motor he just asked me to sell for him. Fresh motor, never run. I think you live across town from me, so it would be a local pickup if you're interested.