Advantage of driving a CLUNKER!

Beaters are like whores, They go without a worry, they are most fun things to drive.

Some of my past fun beaters were

68 GTO, 63 Polara ( boy would that lean around corners), 69 Kingswood wagon with 327

I have an 85 Chevy K20 I use for hauling and plowing my driveway. It looks pretty rough and the exhaust is almost gone, but I love it. People think twice when they ask to borrow it because its a 3-speed with the granny gear. Its the kind of truck that looks like it may not make it to its destination, but its really a sound truck.

I've owned several beater Honda's before and have never really lost money with any of them. My favorite thing about driving a beater is parking it in a lot. I usually go out of my way to park in a remote area to avoid the carts and other unthoughtful drivers & their doors. In a beater I never worried about it. Seldom did anybody park close to me! When they did (if it was too close), I wasn't too concerned if my door slipped into theirs....oops! Plus leaving the windows open when its parked.

I use a 1990 Ford Taurus for a daily that I got for free. Yeah it leaks oil and the heater does not work but it is stone cold reliable. I did have to buy new tires for it, they are worth more then the car.:eek: :D

I have an 89 olds 88 royale and it's got 200k + on it. It runs fine and I have no problem with it. It's my "truck" for now and the 3/4 ton isn't driven because of gas mileage. I have no problem with "clunkers" and dirve one every day.

my friend has a 88 delta 88 coupe with the FE3 suspension, and it had beats until I bought em. Does yours have that annoying voice that comes on over everything.

my DD is none other than my regal. I love driving that car, but it gets HHOORRIIBBLLEE Gas mileage:mad::mad:, I burned 10 worth of gas today just driving to school and back, and thats after an oil change.

Just waiting for Crazy Al to open his new shop..

Crazy Al's Exxon station is closed. He's working at the shop behind where his Exxon was. Actually I think his brother or some relative owns that shop.

my friend has a 88 delta 88 coupe with the FE3 suspension, and it had beats until I bought em. Does yours have that annoying voice that comes on over everything.

No voices in my head or car kid.:biggrin: Unless the radio is on or I'm taking of course.:smile: