Adjusting a manual boost controller

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
I have an adjustable actuator rod on my Turbonetics 6465. Using the stock boost solenoid, TT chip and rod, I have the boost set at 20psi. I understand with this setup, the rod is the final boost setting. With a manual boost controller (non bleed off style) will the rod setting be the final boost setting or will the manual boost controller over ride the rod setting? I'm trying out a Grimmspeed mbc. It definitely spools the turbo faster than the stock solenoid system. According to them, one full turn equals about 4psi. I turned it down 41/2 full turns and am seeing 20psi. If I keep turning it down, will I gain more boost or will I have to readjust the rod and reset the mbc to open at the new boost setting? Thanks!

Subscribed. I just purchased the same boost controller but haven't installed it. To be honest I don't even know which vacuum line goes where. lol

Both play a role. Your overcoming spring pressure with boost on both devices. The more spring pressure you create tightening the actuator and the controller, the more boost it takes to open the gate.

The nice thing about this controller is it has detents that click and a scale so you have some reference points. The ones with just a knob kind of scared me since you don't know where you really have it adjusted too. I guess when I'm ready to try more boost I'll just tighten it down a few clicks at a time.:cool:
jcuadra, the port that is at a 90* to the body goes to the boost actuator, the one straight into the bottom goes to the turbo compressor housing. I mounted it right on the J hook mounting holes for the back bolts for the turbo shield. The hoses are pretty short so it should be more responsive there.

.25 psi per click or 4 clicks per 1 psi. Same one I've got and pretty neat controller. Only wish there was a way to mount in cabin without spiking boost.

Hi, did you get it figured out yet?

If you are running a HD actuator, get rid of it and get stock style, first.

Do not use the stock solenoid or the T fitting.
Run tuner style with a stock style actuator till 13/14 lbs . Then, do not adjust the rod again(your done there). Then add your mbc. Adjust boost upward on the mbc only. Again, don't touch the actuator rod. You will have 2 lines. Run one line from mbc to actuator then other from mbc to fitting on the compressor of the turbo.

One mine 1 full turn equal -/= 1#. You want the softer spring in the mbc and actuator.

Hallman mbc (on ebay $80 Additive Performance..hint)...

Joe

Yes, it's set up tuner style. I'm running the same boost I was b/f the mbc. It does spool faster, which is why I wanted to try it. When I'm ready for more boost I'll just start cranking it down slowly.;)