adirondak nationals sept 8 -11

Is this the show that only lets in 1979 and earlier? I sent an e-mail to them and asked for entry, but got a big "NO" your an 87...
I will have to take my 64 Maxxie next year.

Coach

Is this the show that only lets in 1979 and earlier? I sent an e-mail to them and asked for entry, but got a big "NO" your an 87...
I will have to take my 64 Maxxie next year.

Coach

yeah only older cars somewhere around 79. either way i go just to be around other car people ,check out the cars and to get away for a few days. i dont enter a car in the show.

To be entered in the 'show' it is 1979 and older. For the 'cruise' each night some newer cars sneak in. There is always at least one Grand National. Lots of cars running open headers. Being that the cruise is at night and Grand Nationals are black and quiet they tend to sneak by you un-noticed!

I was the GN in the cruise last year. It took a bit of convincing to get in. I had bought the ticket from a friend and told the woman my other car died the week before so I took my other car up to the show. After some back and forth banter she was nice enough to let me in. With the t-tops off you could hear some people saying "wow thats a Grand National, how did he get in" had the dump pipe open, did some burnouts way at the end of the turnaround by the steamboats. I always have a great time up there. I will be up there thursday till Sunday. Staying at the Surf Side Inn. I don't know what I will be driving. Maybe the Chevelle convertible, the 64 Wildcat convertible or the GN.

I hate that snobby cut off date for cars. Every year goes by the 80s cars become more classic than not. I went to that link. Right on the home page is brand new Challenger that's going to be in the vendors area. Not that I want to go see a mess of brand new Camaros and Mustangs but our cars are 20+ years old. Same goes for the stupid nostalgia drags. Pisses me off.

starting tomorrow. i might sneek up there on saturday since everybody bailed on me :(

I was up there last night, a couple nice GN's rolled through. I was up hanging out near the Valero gas station. A few times everyone got in the road to block it off for a nice little donut show :biggrin: