Adi Glatz?

He's a good guy. I've had a lot work performed by him on my car. I usually talk with him at least once a week.

Dannyo

Ok i am just checking out what kinda guy he is. I sent him my transmission late last year and he was supposedly going to build me a "bulletproof" tranny with all the good billet parts - well it just went out yesterday - with less than 3000 miles on it on my slightly/moderately modified Turbo-T Limited which I was going to show at this weekends Easter Show.... This Sucks!:mad: I just hope he takes care of this situation :mad:

could you kick him in the ass for me the next time you see him? i bought my car and several other items from him when i was 17. it was my first turbo regal. he had no reservations about totally bending me over. its funny when someone tells you to call them back, and the're gunna get everything straightened out. and then you call them back many times, and they somehow never get around to calling you after promising to do so. eventually he was allways "out" and he was going to "call us back". bullsh*t. you wouldnt think that someone would screw a kid so badly. every part i got from him was total junk. just ask mark about adi. his name on TB.com is gnx7. i would not recomend buying anything from him!!

im sure he has helped some people out before, and done some really good work on some cars. how else could he be where he is at. but iyou do whatever you feel you need to. he sure seemed like a nice enough guy while he was taking my money...

-jeff

I have never dealt with him,but the majority of what I have heard has been negative.I do know the previous owner of my car took it to him to have some problems found and fixed and neither happened,but he got a $1200 bill.This right before he sold it to me and I fixed the problems.

Originally posted by iamjeff
could you kick him in the ass for me the next time you see him?

i would not recomend buying anything from him!!

he sure seemed like a nice enough guy while he was taking my money...

-jeff

Jeff he did the exact same thing to me and my old car :mad:

His tranny build ups are horrible...
furtherest distance it went before breaking - 300 miles -trans # 3
shortest - 32 miles (drive home), same day with symptons showing around the corner from his shop - Trans #5

I am not a moderator on this board and I am not taking sides on this matter, but could everyone please take this conversation private.

Thank you

fast86gn - why take this conversation private. This is the exact type of information that would have saved me 2 grand and might save others money as well.

Jeff I can't kick him in the ass I'm in Missouri - You'll have to do the honors....haha:D

Originally posted by Royal-T-Ltd
fast86gn - why take this conversation private. This is the exact type of information that would have saved me 2 grand and might save others money as well.

Jeff I can't kick him in the ass I'm in Missouri - You'll have to do the honors....haha:D

That's fine if you want to ask about someone's work but if it is negative just say it's negative and that really all anyone has to say and then take the rest private.

Again not a moderator just my .02
Thanks

Talked to Adi the other day regarding the situation, he felt bad and assured me it was a just one of those things that happen and he offered to fix it right away - no arguements. He even said he would pick up the shipping charges. He assured me he would resolve the issues with the tranny. So I can't wait:D Hopefully i'll back in the drivers seat here shortly and ready for some sub 12 second timeslpips;)

I really do not know why you guys tend to blast someone before you go and talk to them about the problem!!!!! Adi is a great guy and will work with you if you have a problem with him or his work.

I was over at his shop yesterday and looked at your transmission (Royal-T-LTD). The problem was not his fault!!! The input drum, from CENTURY, failed where the input shaft is welded to the input drum. This was the problem, not Adi or his workmanship!!!! I can also see that you have a 9 to 11 inch torque converter conversion... So you must be racing... Remember that the faster you go the more you will break and the more money you will spend....... Nothing is completely "bullet proof" Maybe close!!!!

I myself have broken several items on my vehicle in the attempts to go faster.... Adi was always there to fix them.....

As for IAMJEFF, did you actually purchase the vehicle from Adi???? Or did you purchase a parts car from someone in California who originally purchased the parts car from Adi?? Let’s hear the entire story of your dealings with Adi..... Not just some made up stuff!!! If I am incorrect, let me know with the truth.

Some advice..... Talk to Adi first before blasting on an open forum...
You guys are lucky to have such a knowledgeable Turbo Buick guy to trust!!!

Michael

All I can say is unbelievable!!!!!

If you doubt who I am, send me your number in PM and I will call you.

I am just attempting to convey that you should talk to the person first before you blast away.

This should have been handled privately before on this forum or any forum.

Michael
Flame Away!!!

i purchased the parts under the assumption that adi was going to help me get some additional information that i needed. adi bent me over... maybe you should get the whole story.

i know nothing about his work,just his business practice.like i said before, i dont doubt that he has probably built some awsome stuff. how else could he have the shop that he does.

-jeff

Originally posted by FaSST
I really do not know why you guys tend to blast someone before you go and talk to them about the problem!!!!! Adi is a great guy and will work with you if you have a problem with him or his work.

I was over at his shop yesterday and looked at your transmission (Royal-T-LTD). The problem was not his fault!!! The input drum, from CENTURY, failed where the input shaft is welded to the input drum. This was the problem, not Adi or his workmanship!!!! I can also see that you have a 9 to 11 inch torque converter conversion... So you must be racing... Remember that the faster you go the more you will break and the more money you will spend....... Nothing is completely "bullet proof" Maybe close!!!!

Michael

First off Mike, if you read my first post I was just inquiring about people's opinions of Adi's craftmanship/customer service Good or Bad Second you also need the whole story with my experience before you run off at the mouth. I live in St. Louis - The only reason i dealt with Adi is on the strength of a good friend, so evidently I trust my friend and in turn he has a great deal of trust with Adi. So he must be doing some good. When I sent my tranny down there he new exactly what it would be in a Street/Strip car well capable of going deep in the 11's. So I never tried to trick him into thinking it was going into a stocker or mild 12-13 sec car. That is why he put all thegood billet stuff in there. My complaints started when my transmission was finished late and then when i finally received it , it felt like crap - granted it was better than when i sent it down but still not up to par for a full rebuild with hi/po parts. My main problem was that I am 10 hrs away. I'm sure if I were closer he would have been happy to take care of me. ... if you read my posts my transmission had less than 4000 miles on it. I'm sure people have dealt with parts being bad from the factory - I'm just mad it happened to me. I feel lucky my engine did not blow or I would be much angrier.

I can only speak from my experience- others have the right to voice there opinions and experiences also so that people can learn

Nothing but positives to say about Adi and his shop. Last week my 86 GN came out of a 13 year hibernation. I left the car with Adi and asked him to look it over and give it whatever it needed. He obviously could have raped me since I gave him an open checkbook. HE DID NOT. He handled the items I knew had to be handled and did not charge me for items I thought were needed but were not. Additionally, I was looking for a factory original part that I lost years ago and Adi gave me one.

Not only will I take the GN back, but the wifes M3 will be going there soon as well as my other vehicles when they are out of warranty.
Dan

To ALL that have viewed this post and/or responded to it,

Let it be known that my intentions were Not to start a flame war nor to drag ones name through the mud but rather get peoples experiences/opinions of a business Good or Bad Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and usually there are 2 sides to every story and somewhere in between lies the truth. Peoples perceptions sometimes can skew what actually happened.

I want everybody to Know I spoke with ADI and he immediately offered to rectify the situation, NO questions asked

from My Experience w/ ADI and Tigger , they are very nice people. But, Like I said , these are just that MY experiences with them. Whoever has issues with ADI needs to tke it up with Adi and settle there disputes. DO NOT in anyway use my experience to add fuel to your fire or to flame anyone.

For those of you who are still talking SH!T to ADI. Let him read the post in this forum himself. He can see my intentions were not to destroy his business. I intended to start a discussion on a shop and peoples experience with that shop. I'm sure when I install my transmission I will be extremely satisfied w/ ADI [Rick's] work and repost about how great the rebuild is. To clarify my situation I had a factory defective Input Drum/Shaft which was supplied by another vendor. Hey SH!T Happens

feel free to contact me personally if you need any other clarification or if you want to talk about your problems. - Aaron

I have to agree with Penbrook and FaSSt, Adi/RIA are the only people that work on my cars beside myself. My experiences have been nothing but positive as well. My SS is being work on right now. I asked Adi to upgrade to a new type of seal and he told me the part had already been upgraded. Excellent work and honest, go find that at Joe blow auto repair.

broke1 – “Someone ban this guy.” Get rid of users that don’t share your opinion.
:rolleyes:

i dont feel that adi has been "flamed" on this thread...people have said good things, and people have said bad things. that is exactly the purpose of the thread, to see what people thought about him. if someone has something bad to say, they are automatically flaming? so, if someone has something good to say what should we call that? a "love session"?

as for getting back to adi and having him solve the problem... i quit trying to get back to him after ~8 months. 6 of which he was mysteriously "out, but he will call you back tommorrow." he NEVER ONCE called me back. that is my whole problem with him, he made a promise, and didnt keep it.

with this said, im sure adi can do some awsome work, and has kept his word to others. im not saying he is the worst person to deal with in the world, and there are no exceptions. but in MY case, he did a very poor job.

-jeff