Accident at West coast nats

Scott, really glad you were not on fire! Those guys need to invest in a jaws of life tool or should have gone thru the other side or sawzalled the roof off. Scary! Glad to see you posting.

The track definitely needs some jaws of life. Thankful you were not in worse condition. Take care.

Scott, I'm very happy to hear you're feeling better man. I truly hope you make a speedy recovery and get back to doing the things you like most. I'm sure racing is one of them;) All I can say, ur a lucky man! And I hope you family is pulling through all this too...

BTW - What you stated above is First Class in my book!

RB

Glad to see you made it out ok, seem to me that if the car pulled to the right after you got back on it and you had to correct to the left making you lose control and slamming into the rail, you were having the same problems you had about 4 yrs ago at the same track with the rear HR parts suspension not being adjusted properly, I remember the track almost pulled you off because on every run you were coming close to the wall or almost running into the other car half way down the track from the car steering over to the right, what happens is sometimes the bolts that hold the 2 big clamps to the rear end become loose from all those hard launches throwing the whole adjustment of the sway bar way off causing the car to over steer either left or right, that's why I always make sure to check the rear suspension very carefully before every run., hope you recover soon..

Scott I am glad that you are ok as cars can be replaced. Maybe you can answer some questions that have been posted publicly and privately concerning the track. I see it follows NHRA rules an according to those rules any car running 9.99 or quicker needs to have a full roll cage and based on video I have seen that is not the case. Maybe I am wrong. I do agree that the track needs to have concrete barriers as the steel ones are just a launching pad. I do hope that this can be a learning lesson to all racers at tracks that Safety is primary concern. I know in the past the BPG has gotten flack about Safety and hopefully this indecent can open some eyes to those that run 9's and have nothing.

Scott I am glad that you are ok as cars can be replaced. Maybe you can answer some questions that have been posted publicly and privately concerning the track. I see it follows NHRA rules an according to those rules any car running 9.99 or quicker needs to have a full roll cage and based on video I have seen that is not the case. Maybe I am wrong. I do agree that the track needs to have concrete barriers as the steel ones are just a launching pad. I do hope that this can be a learning lesson to all racers at tracks that Safety is primary concern. I know in the past the BPG has gotten flack about Safety and hopefully this indecent can open some eyes to those that run 9's and have nothing.

Not to be an a$$hole but I've got a question, Why would a car that is a proven 9sec for years not have the proper roll cage? Everyone wants to gripe about Speedworld but how are they to know that the car runs in the 9's?? Why does the track in the video Scott has on YouTube allow him to run in the 9's without a cage?? Obviously he has broken that rule for some time now.

Not to be an a$$hole but I've got a question, Why would a car that is a proven 9sec for years not have the proper roll cage? Everyone wants to gripe about Speedworld but how are they to know that the car runs in the 9's?? Why does the track in the video Scott has on YouTube allow him to run in the 9's without a cage?? Obviously he has broken that rule for some time now.

Who cares?? Really??? This is a thread to show support to a guy that almost lost his life. Keep it on track. My car is faster then Scott's and I ain't got chit. Any track will let you run once before they walk over to your car after you lay down a number and tell you to slow it down or leave.

Scott, glad to see you made it out in one piece (although very sore). I never realized you were such a tall guy. You look like a giant in that car. What are you 6 foot 6 or something? Again I am so stoked that you live to fight another day. Good to have you back. All the best in the days and weeks to come with your recovery.

First off I’m extremely glad Scott survived, he’s very lucky. Second, as with every Buick thread lets just sweep any content about safety under the rug and don’t discuss it. One day people are going to wake up. I sold my low 9-second TSO car in part because I didn’t feel a certified cage was enough given the weight and speed.

Looking at the video is chilling and only proves the point that the car should have had a cage. The rear of the car that had the roll bar is intact, hence why the rear and opera windows didn’t pop out. The front of the roof, the part that should have had a halo and cage is completely crushed down and caused the roofline to buckle and the door-jam to pinch. I’m not saying this to slam Scott or anything, it’s his car and he makes his own decisions. At the end of the video there is mention of seeing flames as the car went over the wall, lucky there was not a fire from a ruptured fuel line or tank because those cotton jeans weren’t going to help. A 9-second car requires a certified cage, licensed driver, 5-layer fire pants/jacket, gloves and a neck ring among other things.

I’d have posted this somewhere else but looking in the lounge and other places I didn’t see any other thread discussing it so sorry if I’ve taken the intent of this thread off topic. Moderators feel free to move this thread to an appropriate location.

Scott,Thanks for Posting and just wanted to say you are a class act from what I just read.Heartfelt Prayers and wishes on a speedy recovery for you and your Family .Looks like your going to have a great Christmas this year counting blessings.
From the Slusser Family

I'm active duty U.S. Air Force, so hopefully my medical situation is covered.
Again, thanks for all the well wishes and God bless you all.

I hope they are being cool because you know you just damaged "Government Property".........:biggrin:
Again best wishes to you and your family.

I just found this thread. Glad you are home and doing some what better. God bless you during and after your recovery. We are praying for you.

(Quote)I'm also not sure how to react to the PayPal thing, Of course, I'm awestruck by the turbo buick community's generosity, but I just don't know when I'll be in a position to get back into the car stuff.

I really dont think anybody that donated cares what you spend it on.
Its your money to do with what you want:cool:

Scott,

I tried to call you yesterday. It ended up going to voice mail. I hope it was the right # or I left someone a pretty lengthy message about your wreck with get well wishes etc. ;) Hopefully you're resting up and will be back playing with Buick's soon.

Neal

Hi Neal, I'll try and call you back tomorrow. I'm feeling a little bit better every day. Alicia took the staples out of my head today, and took me for a drive. It was nice to get out of the house. Thanks again to all my TB.com family, it's so cool to know so many of you (most I've never met) care so much.

Attachments

• IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 559
Scott, hope you dont have to wear that collar too long, I spent 6 weeks in one 24/7 and another 6 weeks with limited time out of it. It sucks!! Get well soon. Good luck.

Bryan