accessory mounting bracket

57 chevy

Is there any way to slide the ac compressor forward to check the mounting bolts on the accessory mounting bracket? I do not want to remove the ac lines. I have the chirping noise at idle only & no noise when I start engine with belt off. I have already tested the alternator, tensioner pulley, p/s pulley, crank pulley. Did not check crank sensor, but will after checking the accessory bracket bolts after putting everything back together. Any suggestions appreciated.

Yes there is. I think there are three that need removed to free up the compressor from the accessory bracket. No need to remove the A/C lines.

Have you put a hose up to your ear and tried to look for the noise that way?

You can tie up the compressor after sliding it off to the side, it's heavy that will take the stress off the hoses if you don't find the perfect spot to drop it down.

Yes there is. I think there are three that need removed to free up the compressor from the accessory bracket. No need to remove the A/C lines.

Have you put a hose up to your ear and tried to look for the noise that way?
YES TURBOCLAM, BUT I WAS CONVINCED IT WAS MY ALTERNATOR SINCE IT MADE THE MOST NOISE , BUT EVERYTHING CONNECTED TO THE MOUNTING PLATE GAVE OFF ABOUT THE SAME SOUND. THANKS

You can tie up the compressor after sliding it off to the side, it's heavy that will take the stress off the hoses if you don't find the perfect spot to drop it down.
THE PARTS BREAKDOWN SHOW A NUT ON THE REAR OF ALTERNATOR HOLDING IT TO THE BRACE. THAT IS NOT CORRECT. THE ALTERNATOR IS THREADED & A BOLT GOES THRU THE BRACE INTO THE ALTERNATOR. QUESTION ARE THERE ANY BOLTS THAT HOLD THE AC COMPRESSOR ON, OR IS IT JUST NUTS THREADED ON TO THE STUDS? LOOKS LIKE CROWS FOOT IS GOING TO GET A WORKOUT.