AC won't Blow out the Vents

Spooling

Guys - Fresh engine, converter bla-bla-bla. Nice job, real happy thus far with EVERYTHING.

Went to add a can of R-12 Di-Chloral-Di-Floral Methane (Freon) to the AC System to give it a boost in charge, and I noticed the air blows out the floor ducts - and when I move the lever to Defrost - it seems to work there, yet not out the AC Dash vents.

Air blows cold, yet not out the vents. I checked for vaccuum lines disconnected, and they're all a-ok (seemingly).

I was not up under the dash during my engine/trans R&R, so I am hoping someone could "point me in the right direction". I am not seeing anything that is obvious - yet would like to diagnose this with some thoughtful insight from someone whom had this issue as well.

Many Thanks !!!

Ed

Two lines go two the hvac head unit from engine bay one is vac signal supply and one is control for heater valve. The supply is the one that goes from check valve in front of egr ...by the egr...up to 3 way check valve on firewall...from that 3 way one line goes over to heater box and disappears under it...thats the one to trace. Its hard plastic tubing thats very prone to breaking. No vac signal...default is defrost/floor

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Two lines go two the hvac head unit from engine bay one is vac signal supply and one is control for heater valve. The supply is the one that goes from check valve in front of egr ...by the egr...up to 3 way check valve on firewall...from that 3 way one line goes over to heater box and disappears under it...thats the one to trace.
-------------------------
You were absoluteeeeeeely correct !!! BIG Thank You !!!

I was looking on the other side in the engine compartment, near the heater control valve and all - and not seeing anything obvious.

After you shared with me your insight - I then looked on the other side (Cylinder 1, 3, 5 side), and look what I saw there:

See attached pic.

I then re-routed that vaccuum line so it was not "squished" by the EGR Control Valve Solenoid - and guess what - air blowing out the dash vents :)

I got my gauges out and added a can of Freeze-12 to the mix, and it's now blowing 35 - 37*F air out the AC Vents at a fast idle in my garage.

I will say that some good things certainly come out of Minnesota :)

Many Thanks Turbo Nasty !!!!!!

Ed

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 152