AC Line switch question

Kovmat

Hey all,

Need a little help on my Hybrid project. Doing a custom install of an 86 motor and am currently working on getting all the AC lines in place. I am using the original compressor with a Vinatage Air system. My question: There is a pressue switch on the high side of the AC lines right behind the compressor attached to 3 wires. I assume this is a high or low pressure switch. Can someone please confirm which it is and where I might be able to get one.

Thanks

Hey all,

Need a little help on my Hybrid project. Doing a custom install of an 86 motor and am currently working on getting all the AC lines in place. I am using the original compressor with a Vinatage Air system. My question: There is a pressue switch on the high side of the AC lines right behind the compressor attached to 3 wires. I assume this is a high or low pressure switch. Can someone please confirm which it is and where I might be able to get one.

Thanks

Try Highway Stars @ nos4gn.com

The factory switch has two stages, we'll call them medium pressure and high pressure. If the AC system is turned on, the medium stage is activated, and the switch closes one of its contacts. This turns the low speed fan relay on. If the AC pressure gets high enough, the high stage is activated, and the second set of contacts is closed. This turns on the high speed fan relay.

You can find a more detailed description of this by looking at the wiring diagram for the cooling fan on vortexbuicks.com. I believe the exact pressure that trigger the switch are given. I think the switch is still available at most auto parts stores.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Turbo Buick