AC blowing hot in norm cold on max

BOP4ever

I drove my GN last night and due to the cool evening I did not need max AC so I switched to norm and moved the temp slide adjuster to mid and the air started being hot. No matter where I put the slider in any position other than max AC it blew warm air. What's up with this ?

Thanks

Gee , am I the first to have this problem? Anyone ?
I drove my GN last night and due to the cool evening I did not need max AC so I switched to norm and moved the temp slide adjuster to mid and the air started being hot. No matter where I put the slider in any position other than max AC it blew warm air. What's up with this ?

Thanks

Well, more info is needed to try and determine this issue with a keyboard?

For example, when you select NORM, is the AC clutch still engaged? Does the clutch engage in DEFROST?

The selector slide switch controls both electrical function and vacuum ports.

The diference between MAX and NORM is the latter uses outside air, but the compressor is engaged in both positions, as well as DEFROST.

Selector in norm slider all the way to cold and the air stayed warm .
Selector to max no change to temp slider and air turns back cool.
That's all I know right now.

That is a good start!

Next step is to see if the compressor is engaged when in MAX, and if it is still engaged when moved to NORM?

If the compressor in engaged in both positions, a blend door is not being actuated which would be a vacuum or mechanical issue.

The compressor should be working in either position, if not then it could be an issue with the electrical switch connected to the slider not making contact.

I hope this is a good starting point to remedy this problem, and I hope one of the other members here familiar with this system can help as I will be in Vegas at the SEMA show all this week!

Thanks I'll check it out.
Car is in pretty good shape, and the controls look and feel new so maybe it nothing to major.