A sticky

I

Iamdreaver

A while ago there was discussion about making a stage 2 sticky all about stage 2 and it's history and origins. I think it would be cool if someone could do this because quite honestly, every time I ask someone what stage 2 is, all that they tell me it is the fastest way to go broke.

I boned it...

Well,

I was planning to do that and must've procrastinated it clear into oblivion. I will try to put something up this week, OK? I think it's a good idea. :)

Simpley put. Buick Motorsports introduced a line of blocks, cranks, rods, heads, and all that kind of cool stuff years ago for heavy duty use. The blocks featured beefier castings, Stage I block were basically a beefier "stock" block. The stage II block was built from the stage I block, and features 4 bolt center caps, 14 bolt head provisions just to name a few key items.

There is a lot of little tricks done to it and the oiling system. The on-center 255000153 blocks began like the off-center stage II blocks, but ended up with cross-bolted mains.

All this stuff cost's a bunch, basically because everything is custom.

The Buick power source book really answers your question in detail. I don't have mine in front of me right now.