A small mention of Turbo Buick State Police cars

Hee Hee Hee Hee

:biggrin:

Im glad to have a part of there history. I sure the could do over 140 in my Trooper T if they felt safe enough. :D

Attachments

• 150-5027_IMG.JPG
    150-5027_IMG.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 267
Car

DCVING, did you buy your car from a guy in Waterbury CT?I seem to remember that exact car in his shop years ago.I almost bought it but it needed a little to much work for me.Man that is a nice color!!!

Somewhere in that area, yeah. What do you know of the car. what work did it need when you saw it. I got it from a young kid who got it from some guy in waterbury ct. This man is who got it from the state somehow. Any info you know I would love to know.

Car

I will call my buddy Jack who owned the car about 7-8 years ago.I know it sat in his show room for a while.There was a lot of work he did to the car.I am pretty sure his brother Fred did the paint(it was beautiful back then)but I never heard it run.The hood was off it and there was no exhaust on it.It had the wheels that are on it now.The interior needed some work I think.The dash was all apart to.I will call him to find out what the car was like when he sold it.Him and his brother were a couple of Turbo buick nuts.I'll ask Jack if you can call him to get the info straight from him.I just called my buddy Carlos Soto who used to work for Jack and told me the story on the car.Jack paid 1400 for the car-it was a theft recovery.It was a state trooper car with the dig dash,150mph speedo,K&n with the hi-po chip.It needed some interior work,he put nitrous on it but could never get it tuned right so he pulled it off.He put dual exhaust on it,painted it,new rear end and he thinks some headwork was done.I will call Jack to confirm.

What year did they stop using the troopr cars.

My Limited T carfax only goes back to 1992 & said State of CT. Nothing shows from 87 to 92

They stopped using the Buick's as state police cars around 1992 - 1993. Most of them had reached there 100,000 miles & were put up for auction in Wethersfield CT. CT used Grand Nationals & T's & ALL were equipped with 145 mph certified speedo's, Chip with mph cutoff removed & 225/60/15 VR Goodyear Eagle Gatorback tires. I was lucky enough to score 4 cars from the state. 2 87 Grand Nationals, 1 with 105,000 miles the second was a cream puff with 57,000 miles, 1 Burgundy 87 T with 100,000 miles, radio delete car with chrome antenna plug, Very Fast car that i sold to Kirban in 1993 & a 87 Rosewood T that i purchased in 1999 that had been used as an undercover car since it went out of service as a trooper car. That car was sold & went to PA. My Limited was equipped with the Correct Police speedo, chip & VR tires in 1989 & still rides on those tires today.

My carfax on my trooper T shows it going to the public in 1994. The 1st owner was from waterbury CT, and owned it from 1994-2001 and only put 12k on it. From there it was sold to a young man in the hartford area, he drove it about 20k from 2001-2005. I now have the car and it currently has 135k but all drivetrain has been replaced within 15k miles. Heres a pic of the engine bay. It might be small but it packs a huge punch

Attachments

• Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 210
New Exterior Look

I really made the car look DCVING with all the chrome limited trim! Not the best angle either

Attachments

• Picture 168.jpg
    Picture 168.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 213
Hey Ray I think I am going up in early october. "Camaro" you do still have your buick right.

i still have the buick i dont think i could ever sell it but it been having so many problems with it.nothing major but all small stuff that adds up$$$ so im going to save up and fix it right. but to make matters worse my taurs died a couple a weeks ago so i caught a deal on a 99 ss camaro and thats my new daily driver i thought it would be fun to bring it up to the track. im going up on saturday the 23rd with a few friends

Hey

LET US KNOW WHEN YOU GO IN OCTOBER.. We NH guys will meet up with you.
Maybe Granitstate GN, Tom F, Pronto Mike, Reckless Rob & myself will go too.

I figure one more outing to see if I can do better.

from now untill the end of the year saturday and sundays are mostley test and tune. i plan to go up atleast a few more times

I'd like to get up there too. I can only go every other weekend though. There's nothing like a good cold fall day for the turbo's. :biggrin: