A Pillar Guages

tjbuick

What is the gauge size and style (brand, model, etc) choice of those that have them on the A Pillar. Thanks. TJ

Boost and EGT, I prefer Autometer. I am not sure of the size. I think 2 1/4 or 2 1/8. Not sure.

All A-pillar setups take either a 2 1/16" gauge or a 2 5/8" gauge. Your more common ones take the 2 1/16", and gauge companies that you will see in 9 out of 10 Turbo Buicks are either Autometer #1 or VDO #2. I have run Autometer gauges religiously for the past 14 years without any problems on my turbo cars. First gauge I ever purchased was an Autometer Sport Comp boost gauge for my 1990 Sunbird GT Turbo. I even buck the trend of the Import crowd and run an Autometer boost gauge in my Evo. I currently run the full pillar twin gauge pod from Lotek with Autometer Z-series 0-35 boost and electric oil press.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/Patricks_cars/87 Turbo T/DSC00486.jpg

Here's some links.

Auto Meter
Vehicle Controls, Inc. ... components distributor for tractors, motor homes, boats, or trucks.
www.gaugepods.com // Lotek Inc.
Gauge Cups, Panels And Pods - JEGS

HTH

Patrick

Autometer

Autometer is the only way to go imho. I have the c2's in both pillar and console in my 86' All mine are 2 1/16th inch.

Attachments

• 1-4-2007-02.jpg
    1-4-2007-02.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 143
ultra lite 2 1/16 Autometers in one of their pillar pods also!

I kinda like the cluster in the GTO better.....who knew what 20 years of technology would do?

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 127
I've used lots of different brands of gauges, and everyone of them but Autometer have ended up in the trash can!