A Free Trick To Help Speed Up Your Power Windows.

yes,as long as you can get to and screw in the jumper.....

Yes, I was able to do this with the motor still in side the car. I took the bottom door panel off and used a mirror.

Problem is this doesn't work for me. I used a screw that is twice as long as the one you used, maybe that is my problem?

Yes, I was able to do this with the motor still in side the car. I took the bottom door panel off and used a mirror.

Problem is this doesn't work for me. I used a screw that is twice as long as the one you used, maybe that is my problem?

Nevermind!

IT WORKS! :cool:

The little test port had a very long plastic piece over the hole, so I had to use a screw that was about three times as long as the screw that is shown in your picture.

:D

Update:

passenger side needed the long screw, drivers sided used the short screw...

good deal.......
the circuit breaker is a thin strip of metal on the side we are screwing into,screw has to be longer than the plastic housing is thick.the main thing is the screw is big enough thickness wise to fit the hole diameter.

This is great. Thanks to garyk1970 for helping resolve this window issue. Nice pictures too.
Also jsta6 for his diagram.

Dumb question...

On the driver's side, which switch is for which window (I think mine are backwards)? The first switch (closest to the dash) on the dual switch lowers the passenger window...shouldn't that one be lowering the driver's side window?

Can't speak for everyone and how they are "supposed" to be but mine is the same. Have had 3 other GM cars with power windows and they were the same as well.

Next Electrical project!!

Great info. .....I "think" this will be our next Project (ELectrical IN CONCEPT)!!!

Dumb question...

On the driver's side, which switch is for which window (I think mine are backwards)? The first switch (closest to the dash) on the dual switch lowers the passenger window...shouldn't that one be lowering the driver's side window?

Yours are correct (as least they're same as mine:biggrin: )...

Great Work

Ive Found A Way To Speed Up (and Repair What Was Thought To Be Bad Motors)for Gm's Power Windows Over The Years Doing My Electrical Work .
Heres A Few Tricks Ive Learned That Works And Is Free.the #1 Cause Of Failed Power Windows (other Than Switches Or Wiring) Is Not The Motor Its Self,but A Thermo-load-resistor That Is Inside The Power Window Motor.its Located In The End Of The Housing Where The Harness Plugs Into The Motor From The Switch Controls.over Time They Fail,and The Least Amount Of Load And The Window Stops And/or The Speed Decreases.
I'm Going To Show How To Bypass The Resistor,and Some More Basic Maintenence To Speed Those Slow Windows Up.
Ive Had Requests For Instruction On How To Do This Mod,but No Pics Until I Had To Do This To My 1994 Gmc Safari Van Today.i Had The Opportunity To Perform This Mod,and Since This Vans Pw Motor Is Identical The The Regals,gave Me The Opportunity To Post This Thread.
Any Questions About This Mod,please Ask.here We Go....

SUBCRIBING TO THIS THANKS FOR THE INFO IM SURE ALOT OF US WELL BE DOING THIS MODI.

Dumb question...

Yes it should. Although I'm not sure how it got that way I don't think it's possible to hook them up backwards.

Does anyone know the proper screw length? I'm about to tackle this tonight and don't wan't to be guessing.
Thanks

Thanks for the write-up Gary. When I repainted my Malibu I installed regulators from an older G body that had the helper springs on them. I also made sure all the connections are tight. The secret is good motors, excellent connections and slippery window tracks.:D