A chance meeting...

Wendelovich

Ever since I was 21, I’ve had a thing for fast, black cars. The first car I owned was a 1978 black Olds Cutlass. My father and 2 of his friends replaced my little 305 with a Chevy small block 400! I loved that car and long after I sold it, it stayed in my mind.

Once I heard about the Buick GN, I spent a long time looking and investigating until I finally found one that was in pristine condition. I bought my ’87 GN from a woman who was the original owner, so that she could get a GNX.

I have owned my car for 22 years and I’m ashamed to say it has been in storage for the past 16 years without taking proper storage measures. :redface:

A few days ago, while on a trip to Tennessee, I had a chance meeting with a fellow GN enthusiast who told me about TurboBuick.com and the information that can be had. He brought up many good points regarding the issue of getting my car in running condition, where I can find help and information. I would like to give a sincere thank you to Diver Davies for the time spent talking with me! I’m relieved to be here and will be learning all I can.

I currently drive a black ’08 Pontiac G6 GXP. It’s sharp, quick and I do love it, but it’s not my GN.

Thank you,
Wendy
1987 Buick Grand National owner since 1989
Mostly factory stock
16,000 miles

Welcome aboard Wendy. There's a ladies only group you may want to join but the board has a great deal of tech on it to help you restore or mod the car. Glad to see more gals getting into them lately.

Wendy,
Welcome to the site. That's a very low milage GN. Would love to see pics. Lots of knowlegable and helpfull people here. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Side note: I would not recommend just starting the car up after 16 years. Fluids need to be changed. The oil system should be primed with oil and a zink additive. We can get you in touch with locals in your area, that can help you with this, if needed. If you do a search on spring cleaning, it will give you the details on what is needed to get the car back up to running speed. :) Also, don't take it to a regular car mechanic. It should be someone that specializes in these things. These cars are brutally fast. All that power is made by a relatively small engine. If things are not set up correctly, you can do damage fairly quick. On the other hand. When set up by somone knowlegable about the quirks of these beasts, they can be made very fast and reliable.

These cars have a long standing reputation of humbling owners of $100,000.00 plus performance vehicles. While still having cruise, air and getting 25 mpg.

Warning! These cars are very addicting. It may already be to late for you.:eek::D

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard