A/C with a distributor question

oddmonte

My question is there any one running a inercooled engine with a distributor and factory brackets? I am converting my draw through to a blowthrough engine with 87 parts. I want to run A/C. The j braket hits the distributor. I have heard of some one that has, but can not find any pictures or information on it. I am leaning towards spacing the bracket out, but that gets into quite a bit of messing around. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.
20171112_093355.jpg
20171112_093546.jpg

I know guys have cut on the tensioner, but recently, there was talk of using a v8 distributer which has a longer shaft to clear everything....

I know guys have cut on the tensioner, but recently, there was talk of using a v8 distributer which has a longer shaft to clear everything....
Like a v8 points distributor or a msd? I have a v6 HEI distributor also, but that is a lot bigger around. I would think the MSD distributors are the same size between v6 and v8. As for a points style v8 distributor. How do I find a v6 reluctor wheel and pickup for that? If any one has any pictures of what they or someone else has done, that would be helpful.

Do a search under username "Norbs". He made it work with this StageII motor. I believe he posted pictures a long time ago in the StageII section.

msd distributor for a v8 has a longer body is what i remember.. you can probably search the stage 2 section or the performance pcm section.