9.5" wheel ?

malibuick231

I went in the wheel thread and didnt see any thing. Will a 9.5" with 4.75 backspacing fit on the rear with out to much work.

I run a 17 x 10 with a 4.75" bs. I did need to roll the fender lips. That is the right wheel specs but more depends on the tire size and how low the car is. ;)

The wheel lip is rolled from 275/60/15s. I'm putting a 315/35/17 on the rear.

Attachments

• cruise 054.jpg
    cruise 054.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 223
I'm thinking you might need a spacer on the inside, I have 15 x 8 saltflats with a 4" backspacing- 1/2" clearance on the frame and 3/4"-1" clearance on the wheel well, your rims are 3/4" wider inside and outside so I think you might need a 1/4" spacer on the inside-I love the way mine fit.

I have 15x8 with 4.5 bs with 275-60r15 and i needed a .5 spacer because the tire rubbed the frame. Am i missing something here?

I have 9.5 with 4.5" bs and have plenty of room at the frame and fender lips.

I have 15x8 with 4.5 bs with 275-60r15 and i needed a .5 spacer because the tire rubbed the frame. Am i missing something here?

I think I can help, it's not really about backspacing it's about offset.

For instance a 8" wheel with 4" BS is about perfect on a stock regal...Neutral offset, so a 10" wheel with a 5" BS is going to put the tire in the exact same place in the wheel well.

Now the section width of the tire will be a bit wider because the wheel is stretching it out more and that can cause an issue.

P.S. What wheels do you have because I think different wheel companies measure their backspacing differently, for instance I have a set of 15x8 Centerlines with 4.5" BS with 275/60 Nittos and I know for fact they fit a totally stock car.

I run a 17 x 10 with 4.75 bs. and 275/40r17's no rubbing inside. As you can see there is a difference between 15" and 17/18". It has more to do with tire size, as the tires used on a 15" wheel bulge out much more, so more room is needed.

For instance a 8" wheel with 4" BS is about perfect on a stock regal...Neutral offset, so a 10" wheel with a 5" BS is going to put the tire in the exact same place in the wheel well.

QUOTE]

But 5" off BS puts it in the frame. Sure its centered but its still rubbing. Probably both fender and frame.

QUOTE]

But 5" off BS puts it in the frame. Sure its centered but its still rubbing. Probably both fender and frame.

I disagree, but if you have a stock frame car you have to be aware that if you have a big tire (like a 28 10.5 slick for instance) then once you put it on a 10" wheel it's going to stretch wider than it was on a 8" wheel and at that point it might just be to dang wide for a stock wheel well.

BTW I know for fact that a 10" wheel with 5" BS and a 28 10.5 slick will not hit the quarter panel unless you have a lowered car.

I'm using 28 10.5 tires as an example because it's probably the biggest common tire most regal owners will have on their cars, very similar to a 275/60, but obviously a bit wider.