9.21@144.9

murphster

From today. Pump gas and alky.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1416770692.621000.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

congrats murph ... if etown wasnt my home track i would have made a run at the #2 spot

his combo is 234 cube forged wiseco /k1 /china crank , center mains, gn1 alum unported - 1.55 T+D bison did the springs over the winter , th400 rmvb tbrake -dusty PTC 9.5 converter, 8.5" rear -33s spool, mickey pros 275/60, xfi 2.0 ,msbc-1 co2 .... and hes light but still making good hp

Last edited:
Wtg Murph, well done and a heck of a pass. You almost pulled into the 9.1's with that run, at the rate you're going gonna hear about an 8.9-ish or 9.0-ish run sooner than later. Whoever says on pump gas and alky you can't run that fast is obviously wrong. :)

Getting it done without going to a 4.1 or larger stroker engine, that's awesome stuff right there :D

Last edited:
i forgot to put that in the combo..he's on a 71hpQHp water cooled ballbearing .85 3bolt , came off snyders car (the #2 109 alky car..for now anyway ).

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Its definitely been flying lately. I'll post up the whole combo one of these days soon. That was the final track day of the year for Englishtown so unless I go to Atco that will be it for the year. Btw, I drove it to and from the track today!

As far as the tuning, the base tune was done by Cal Hartline on the dyno when I first got XFI. The tune has remained largely untouched except for richening up the A/F ratio a little and smoothing out the VE table some once it got some track passes to keep the correction minimal.

I also changed to 3.23 gears since the last time I was at the track a couple weeks ago. Crossed the line at only 5950 rpms now. Didn't seem to make too much difference in ET as I went 9.34 on the first pass, very similar to my last pass on 3.42s. Except now I got more room to turn it up.......

Last edited:
Here's a peak at the rear suspension that been getting me those 1.3 60fts.... snapped these earlier today...

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1416793109.426589.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1416793117.794539.jpg

Thanks for the reply, did the former owner of your T have a performance shop that passed away. I cant remember the name but, that was a very clean T from Jersey.

Nope, I've had it for about 12-13yrs, bought it in Virginia, and it was pretty stock when I got it.

before murph owned it it was a stock ttype front to rear engine and turbo, only mods i recall was an atr narrow band air meter and a converter

you're thinking of eric shertz from dynotech who had a white T stage car , different car

Thanks guys! Its gone faster than I ever thought possible. I cracked the top 10 list of quickest 109 passes, who woulda thought it could be done on pump gas and alky.

-Dusty, you spec'd that converter a while ago when I said my goal was well into the 9s. I'd say you hit it pretty good.

-And thanks for the great tune Cal. You got it to dyno 690rwhp at 25psi a year and a half ago a day after the XFI was installed, so we figured it was going to run pretty good! I can send you the current gct and log if you want it, just let me know.

-Thanks to Bison for upgrading the valve springs, it really woke it up. And for little tips and advice that have helped me shave a little ET off here and there.

-And of course, Paul who has built and installed just about everything on the car and is the only reason I can make a safe 9 second pass down the track. Not many people can say they've built 3 nine second pump gas and alky cars like he has.

Last edited: