89 TTA for sale/trade in NJ!!

Had some fun today!!

Just got back from taking the TTA for a spin :D It's been alittle while since I drove it and man let me tell you I forgot how much fun this car really is! :biggrin:
Just cruisen along minding my own business and what do I see coming up behind me but a Mustang GT....we pulled up at a light together and he says "Is that thing fast"...I say not really! ;) So he asks if I want to run him and I agree...Its on now! :biggrin: Light turns green... he gets me off the line about half a car length and then.....see ya! :cool: I went past him like he was standing still! :biggrin: At the next light he says nice race....whats in that? :confused: I said JUST A V6...and drove away! :cool:

With that said I am Bring the price back to $14k obo
I forgot how much fun this car really is!

Joe, I'm the guy in Florida you e-mailed before you out the car on Ebay the first time. If you remember what I said that I really didn't want to deal with the leather. Jim (phillyturbo) is correct. You might want to fix the leather and try and sell again. If you don't mind me being frank, it is all perception when trying to sell a car. When you show seats like they are, and tell people the car has been repainted, as a person who has bought a few performance cars in the past, I think the car has not been cared for and no matter what the price, not for me. Doesn't matter if you knocked a coule grand off like you were willing to do, some people (especially like myself) might not want to bother fixing the thing up. I turned down a 22K mile 93 Special Edition Mustang Vert a couple of weeks ago, because of issues like this.

The last thing you might want to consider is getting some better shots of the car. The ones you sent me were either too bright or way too dull. The car might be as incredible as you described, but the engine bay looked just OK from the shots, and besides the leather, the interior looked sunbleached, and the carpet looked stained and dirty. Couple this with ripped up seats and the repaint, and that is why I told you the car was not meant for me.

Please do not take this as anything but trying to help someone out in selling their car so they can get that T-Type you are wanting. The small investment to get it right will reward you when you sell the TTA.

Joe,
I got you're e-mail and returned with some pics.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Matthew

70Mach1 said:
Joe, I'm the guy in Florida you e-mailed before you out the car on Ebay the first time. If you remember what I said that I really didn't want to deal with the leather. Jim (phillyturbo) is correct. You might want to fix the leather and try and sell again. If you don't mind me being frank, it is all perception when trying to sell a car. When you show seats like they are, and tell people the car has been repainted, as a person who has bought a few performance cars in the past, I think the car has not been cared for and no matter what the price, not for me. Doesn't matter if you knocked a coule grand off like you were willing to do, some people (especially like myself) might not want to bother fixing the thing up. I turned down a 22K mile 93 Special Edition Mustang Vert a couple of weeks ago, because of issues like this.

The last thing you might want to consider is getting some better shots of the car. The ones you sent me were either too bright or way too dull. The car might be as incredible as you described, but the engine bay looked just OK from the shots, and besides the leather, the interior looked sunbleached, and the carpet looked stained and dirty. Couple this with ripped up seats and the repaint, and that is why I told you the car was not meant for me.

Please do not take this as anything but trying to help someone out in selling their car so they can get that T-Type you are wanting. The small investment to get it right will reward you when you sell the TTA.

I understand what you are saying and have bought and sold many cars and personaly I would not buy a car sight unseen with just pictures! I had ALOT of people tell me they wanted to come and see the car and when I gave them my # and told them to call to set something up I never recieved any calls! I know the pictures are not the best,but I can say this if people would come and SEE the car they would buy it!

I'm interested in a trade. I have a 87 Turbo T.

Attachments

• buick.jpg
    buick.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 482
Still For Sale!

Car is still for sale at $14k obo I am trying to get better pics of the car...but if anyone wants to see the car I am willing to meet somewhere.

phillyturbosix said:
Just met Joe today and took 46 pictures of the car. The paint it really nice and the new badges make it all come together. Put some front seats on this car and you'll have a really nice TTA to show! CLICK HERE TO SEE THE NEW PICTURES

Jim,

Those pics give me a better idea of what the car really is, BIG improvment. If he could make me a nice deal because of the shipping down here I might be interested again.

Did you drive the car? Would like to know how it runs.

Rich

Rich.. I didn't drive it but I followed him over to Steve's shop from where we did the pictures. Idled smooth and he kept leaving me in the dust in my daily driver! :D No smoke came out of the pipes when he got on it those few times. It just $hit and went!! :) The only major expense on this car is it needs front seats. Now you know why I took some pics of it. From seeing the car in person and seeing Joe's pictures I knew it was not doing this car justice!

phillyturbosix said:
Rich.. I didn't drive it but I followed him over to Steve's shop from where we did the pictures. Idled smooth and he kept leaving me in the dust in my daily driver! :D No smoke came out of the pipes when he got on it those few times. It just $hit and went!! :) The only major expense on this car is it needs front seats. Now you know why I took some pics of it. From seeing the car in person and seeing Joe's pictures I knew it was not doing this car justice!

Jim, I just e-mailed him. I don't have his phone, if you do PM me or e-mail to 72express@adelphia

If we can make a deal, tell him he owes you a steak dinner.

Rich

Hey Rich he works nights and he was going in as we got done the shoot. I'll hunt around for his number and PM it to you. I posted this all over the place and on some new boards so I bet his mail box is full! :biggrin: For the price and the car you really can't go wrong if you want one of these cars. I've seen a bunch now and just the new badges on this TTA make it look so much better I want to get a set. The gold was really standing out.

I told Joe if it sells off my pics he can buy me lunch at Fudds! :D

keep it

"I forgot how much fun this car really is!"

You need to keep it :D

No luck selling mine yet.

Still For Sale

I will be getting new leather seats for the car in a month if it is not sold by then and then the price will go up! If anyone wants the car before the price goes up get with me a.s.a.p.!