87 Limited T - One Owner

turbojkt

OPTIONS:

Designer two tone paint, leather seats, PW, PL, Twilight Sentinal, factory alarm, digital dash, cornering lamps, concert sound, moon roof, tilt wheel, limited slip. Sticker price in 1987 was $19,333.00. SEE ORIGINAL STICKER at Photo Bucket link below.

I purchased this 1987 Turbo "T" new. Ordered it thru a dealer from the factory in the Spring of 1987, and it was delivered in August. I considered ordering a GN, but the dealer said that only dealers with a certain volume of sales could order those, which was fine because I liked the idea of getting another color besides Black. It has been driven only in dry weather, and garaged it's whole life. Still has the factory paint. Not one bit of rust on this car. I have most of the parts to return it to stock condition if someone wanted to do that...except for the innercooler. I have the scoop, but not the innercooler. The heads still have the factory seal. I replaced the timing sprocket, chain, camshaft, and lifters at 112,000 miles a few years ago. I think one of the lifters is bad because it has a noisey ticking sound and then it's using oil. 117,000 miles. Ran a 12.4 @ 115 in this condition when I had a TE62 turbo on it.

Results from a recent compression test:
1. 130
2. 130
3. 130
4. 135
5. 135

Mods and Parts:

Stretch Innercooler w/duttweiler neck, XP Fuel pump hotwired, 4 core radiator, Spal High Perf Fan, RJC billlet pulleys, Kirban Touch and Go alarm, line lock, driveline loop, air bags, KYB shocks, pinion snubber, UMI upper and lower control arms, one inch rear sway bar, Kirban body bushings, Kirban rear seat brace, fuel press rail gauge, adj fuel press reg, torque strap, RJC deep oil pan, biggie oil filter adapter, EGT gauge, pillar mount boost and knock, 15 X 8.5 vector chromed wheels on the back, 15 X 7 stock chromed on the front, original stock wheels and center caps in excellent condition, Kenne bell oil booster plate, powder coated stock headers, AC Delco Radio/CD player, TA49, 50lb Inj, 210/210 cam, factory sealed heads with roller rockers, RJC Power Plate & Boost Controller, Houston 3 in. DP, RJC 3 Inch Dual Exhaust, Volt Booster, SMC Alcohol Inj., rebuilt trans with 9 1/2 Vigilante multi-disk converter, original catalytic converter with 3 inch inlet (hasn't been used for many years) Price includes both sets of wheels and all the original parts from the car.
Asking $13,900.

Pictures & Video Here:
1987 Limited Turbo T pictures by turbojohn - Photobucket

Listen to the motor here:
YouTube - RJC Racing Exhaust System on Buick Grand National Turbo T

Attachments

• Gray Small.jpg
    Gray Small.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 2,376
Hey that's the car in the RJC 3 inch exhaust video. Very sweet ride. Like the wheels. Do you have pics of the interior?

Jasons 3" ss exhaust is so quiet when driving untill you get on it. No drone at all. Good luck with the sale. I wish I had cash that is a keeper.

Very sweet ride! I had an exact same car except i had the plush seats. Please post some interior pics. You have me thinkn now.:biggrin: Does the tick in the motor get louder after excelleration? Does this car have the full grey carpet in trunk? How is the seal on the moonroof? Thanks

Nice!

Very nice car,I have it;s twin.Worth asking price and then some.I am sending the link to some locals that have expressed interest in mine.Good luck!

Kevin

Very sweet ride! I had an exact same car except i had the plush seats. Please post some interior pics. You have me thinkn now.:biggrin: Does the tick in the motor get louder after excelleration? Does this car have the full grey carpet in trunk? How is the seal on the moonroof? Thanks

I will get some interior and trunk pictures posted this weekend. The ticking is loudest at idle. Can't hear it under acceleration. Does not have the full gray carpet in the trunk. Moon roof works great and does not leak.

wheels

what is the trick with the wheels - just chromed out or ?-they look good ..

If I just didnt just buy my old Blue T back,This car would be mine already.

Beautiful car...Good luck with the sale.

Wow that thing is gorgeous! Love the 2 tone and the chrome vectors look sweet! Worth every penny! Good luck!

-Rich