87 GRAND NATIONAL : Viewed as THE most documented GN in the country

I think my car is the most documented car in the WORLD!! I have tons and tons of reciepts, an entire filing cabinet actually, funny thing is it doesnt even run yet!!!! Lets not get into the "Best In The World" cars. Theres a lot of them in this forum.

Actually all those reciepts just show how dumb and addicted I am!!!

I would throw all the reciepts away cause after looking at what we have all spent on our cars alot of us would cry

All shipt aside
Thats exactly what I want.
a T-Top with flares

What an Eye Dan. i would hate for you to look my car over:eek:

haha

I've always wondered how I could double my money in just two years. Now I know! Forget the 401k, I'm investing in GNs:rolleyes:

I have always been told to "Respect My Elders" :biggrin: :biggrin:. Well, I think he at least meant well anyway. Don't feel bad Loggy but most board members here have done their homework and know true market value :wink:.

But these guys are BRUTAL :biggrin:.

Ahhh Come on guys, just tell him nice car and good luck with the sale. Over priced or not. I understand trying to set him strait on the market, but just leave it at that. Lets not bash our borther, were all better thank that. Ok enough of that......off to the shops Xmas party Wooo-hooo!

What an Eye Dan. i would hate for you to look my car over:eek:

that just comes with AGE :eek: when I bought the GNX a few years ago I walked around the car once and bought it. oh it was documented from day one to :p

back to the thread.. yes it is a nice car and he can ask whatever he wants.. like I say its his car BUT to say "Viewed as THE most documented GN in the country":rolleyes: wellll it does get peoples attention :p
ok goin to shovel some snow :mad:

Great looking car. I love the way these cars look with those wheels.

As a side note, I think with me owning my car the "documenting" trail suffers because I dont pay to have services done, and I dont pay for oil, filters, misc parts so there are no receipts. The work is done, just not by a shop. Oh well, I never had the original window sticker anyways. Im sure that will set me back a few grand in resale value.......

Love the car sir. Wish you best of luck on the sale. Looks like a high value car. Im like others though. Even being that nice, the market is not supporting what we think our cars should be worth. BUT, it only takes one person that cant live without it to sell!

Honestly - you're $15K too high...even at $20K, don't expect a quick sale. I just sold my 15K mile GN that was equally as clean...

I can definetly agree on your formula of what makes a TR worth high dollars, but as has been said a few times before seeing that 35k for it is going to be tough. Your car is nice, be there are plenty cars nicer not selling for considerably less. Please don't take all of the criticism as bashing, I think deep down everyone here is just trying to steer you towards an actual sale.

You got what would definetly be considered a "good" deal in 2006 when you bought it, but the economy is down and you would be fortunate to break even, or make a few bucks on the sale, especially if you take those GNX replica wheels off and sell them seperately.

So am i understanding this ,,you just bought a 10K mile gn for $19K and you have YOUR HIGHER MILEAGE GN FOR SALE AT ,WAIT LET ME SIT DOWN............$35K:rolleyes:

So am i understanding this ,,you just bought a 10K mile gn for $19K and you have YOUR HIGHER MILEAGE GN FOR SALE AT ,WAIT LET ME SIT DOWN............$35K:rolleyes:

Yup thats what he's telling ya. so have a seat and leave the guy alone, jezus, I wish I had every dollar that we have all spent on are cars when we sell, but that's just not going to happen. I think from his reading of these post's he gets our driff...........

Ps I'm old too!

No, he bought a GN for 19k in 2006 and is selling the same GN for 35k 2 years later after putting a few k more miles and one more owner on it. At least this is what I get from the situation.

yep he bought it JAN 8 2008 for 19K
and in a recession is selling it for $35K...what a tool.

Asking more than it is worth means you dont want to sell it

Asking more than it is worth means you dont want to sell it

and your looking for attention... making a claim like this is ROFLMAO

I am an original owner and I bought my 87 from Buick Dealership with 157 miles, insurance alone for a 22 year old GN owner with good driving record was over $300 per month, plus everything else, umm do you remember crappy paint work, bringing it back for service, paper trail, do you remember rear main seal leak during 12month 12,000 mile warranty, more paper trail...

Being anal about work done becuz service people put a dent in hood closing it with their palm... more paper trail... being a army military veteran paying $17,500 CASH and still current owner December 20, 2008 means I have lots of cash and time and money stuck into, plus paper trail, paper trail, paper trail. I AM THE ORIGINAL OWNER, DO I KNOW AS MUCH AS RICHARD CLARK, HELL NO, BUT STATING CLAIMS IS TOTAL BS, NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING PEOPLE TELL YOU WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY, ESPECIALLY IN THIS RECESSION MARKET, EVEN GNX'S HAVE COME DOWN IN PRICE!!!

I took deleivery of my 87 GN Feb 1988 and parked it unitl summer, becuz if I waited until spring to purchase it would have been sold...

STICKER PRICE FOR 87 GN WITH 0.00157 MILES - T-TOPS ROWL TIRES $18,751, AND NO MARKET ADJUSTMENT, GN'S BACK IN 87-88 WERE NOT SELLING DUE TO INSURANCE.

TODAY I PAY $300 PER YEAR, DRIVEN 6 MONTHS OR LESS FOR FULL COVERAGE FOR ONE YEAR VS $300 PER MONTH IN 1988 AT 22 YEARS OF AGE... IN 1988, I ADDED 15,000 MILES IN 7 MONTHS AND I KEPT EVERY FUEL RECEIPT AND EVERY OIL CHANGE RECEIPT, CHANGED AT 2,000 MILES OR LESS AND WROTE DOWN MILEAGE, GALLONS ADDED AND STILL DO IT TODAY, THAT IS 38,000 ORIGINAL MILES OF FUEL AND OIL RECEIPTS, ANAL YES I AM... DOES THAT MEAN MY CAR IS WORTH MORE, HECK NO...

THIS IS LIKE FAMILY, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND SEE YOU WHEN THE SNOW MELTS

Also, if a car is NOT driven, say only 500 miles in 6 years, what happens to seals and gaskets... low mileage cars have more problems than cars driven often, my neighbor had a nice 70's convertible, and that thing leaked constantly and left him stranded... I own a low mile GN and 90k mile gn, same car same engine, everyone of these cars are the same, rear main seal, cracked header, etc... good luck with the sale, but I could not sell new nos grill or bezels for fair market value, only buyers are the people that want to steal it from you...

new technology, new car warranties, better ride, ummm what to buy this summer, challenger, camaro, or stash the cash and head for the islands to get away from taxation of cow manure, true story, read it, govt is trying to tax everything becuz spending is not going to change...

I will go away and wait for the snow to melt... 3 more months, now is not the time to sell anything, nor to buy...