87 GN -Sunday cruiser- stock size or wider?

2badgn

I am using the stock wheels and right now i have stock tire size- puny
P215/65/15.

I use the car occassionaly for nice weather cruise and car shows.

Should I stick with stock tire size or go with 235 all around?

when i checked tirerack.com there was only 1 tire available for P235/60/15 and it was the Pirelli P600 at about $170 each!

Anybody know anything about this tire?

Where else can i find tires in 235/60/15 size or 235/55/15/size?

thanks
frank

Personally, I do not care for Pirelli tires, as they tend to wear out fast and have hard compounds on their lower food chain tire models. I've had great results with BFG Radial T/As for general use.
Here is a link from Tire Rack that shows all the tires they sell in that size.

Compare Tire Search Results

Here is what Discount Tire sells in a 225/60/15 size which would also work just fine for general use.

Tire Products By Vehicle - Discount Tire Co.

They only list two tires in 235/60/15.
HTH

Patrick

so how are the 255s in the front?
How do these tires handle overall?
why did u go with 255s?

thanks
Frank

Only problem I have with them in the front is that if I back up and turn the steering wheel all the way (either way) they will rub the frame. I have no issues going forward.

Overall, I think they need 8.5" rims to be most effective in handling (over the stock 7" GN rims). They have a little wobble to them. You get used to it. I have to run the tire pressure low (24lbs frnt, 22lbs rear) to get the whole tire to sit on the ground. Otherwise they would wear out in the middle of the tread. Standard riding is wonderful. Nice and smooth.

Handling is much better than the 235front/255rear combo that was on it when I started dealing with it. Hangs a curve well, but I know it will be better. I have gotten compliments on them.

Why? Well, they were on the back when I met the owner (my wife) and I figured it needed the same size tire all around (I'm just that way). I tried swapping front to back and they fit, so I I got 4 the next time it needed tires.

I like the 235/60 all around on my car. I'm using Dunlop GT Qualifiers and they come in white letters if you're into that. I think mine were around $75 a piece.

I like the 225/60/15 on mine. They don't get that balooned look on the stock wheels & handle great. That was also the size used on these cars for Police work with a VR speed rating.

I like the 235/60 all around on my car. I'm using Dunlop GT Qualifiers and they come in white letters if you're into that. I think mine were around $75 a piece.

When I purchased my car it had these tires on it and they were great. Nice ride and even had a little bit of traction. The best part is that the price is right!