87 GN- Headliner options & questions (T-Top car)

2badgn

I have already searched and read several articles. I am interested n buying the ABS headliner.

Question 1- Who sells the best quality abs headliner?

My GN has always been garaged and only this year did the headliner start coming apart. The headliner material is in excellent condition with the exception that it is now drooping and i found out the hard way today that it needs replacing bc I drove around with t-tops off & I though that the tree pollen was blowing around but it was the headliner foam.

Has anybody attempted to clean the original board and then use adhesive to re-glue the original headliner?

Who sells a quality headliner adhesive? Thanks

I would suggest just pulling the headliner board out then just use something to scrape off the old material from the board . Buy some 3m spray on glue and some new headliner material and probably for $25 it will be fixed. You can not reuse your headliner material.

Any interior shop can fix it in about an hour. Be careful though...when you remove the headliner and go to match up the color...you will be shocked to find out that it is actually more blue then gray. It looks gray when installed because no light ever hits it. I had my guy match it up and he called me to the shop and said, look...its blue. I was really surprised. We were a little frightened, but when it was done and installed...it was totally perfect.