87 GN Front Spring Replacements

737cmh

Hi...wondering if anyone could suggest a source for springs that can alleviate the problem of tires rubbing the fender liner when going over slight dips. Perhaps even from another GM application. I've got Moog stock replacements right now but they made no difference. The car uses 255/45/17 tires currently & although the previous tires were similar at 255/50/16 there was a time when no rubbing would occur with those tires & the previous springs before they wore out & sagged from age. thanks!

Win

yes probably but I'd have to check with the part shop I bought from to make sure

Hi...wondering if anyone could suggest a source for springs that can alleviate the problem of tires rubbing the fender liner when going over slight dips. Perhaps even from another GM application. I've got Moog stock replacements right now but they made no difference. The car uses 255/45/17 tires currently & although the previous tires were similar at 255/50/16 there was a time when no rubbing would occur with those tires & the previous springs before they wore out & sagged from age. thanks!

Win

What size is your front rim and backspacing?

currently they're 17" x 8" w/ 4" back space Centerline Telstar
the previous rims were 16" x 8" w/ same back space

currently they're 17" x 8" w/ 4" back space Centerline Telstar
the previous rims were 16" x 8" w/ same back space

Okay. Where exactly are they rubbing at? I would imagine with your backspacing they are probably running on the inside.

It rubs at the very top of the tire on the outboard edge when the car is being driven on the street.

It rubs at the very top of the tire on the outboard edge when the car is being driven on the street.

I have the same problem. I am going to replace my springs next week and I will let you know how it turns out.