87 GN Engine and Transmission 36k Miles

jbaker

SOLD
I wasn't going to do this, but they are taking up space, and I'll prolly be buried in my GN....soooo....
I have the original Engine and Trans out of my 2 owner 36K mile GN for sale. I will split them up or package them. I want: $1200 for the engine and $400 for the trans. Or $1300 for both. I would prefer not to ship, but I will if necessary, at buyers expense. Location is Kewanee, Illinois.

SOLD...Engine Details:
Its all there except for Turbo, shield, and front accessories. I will include the stock intercooler, but no piping.
I have had it open to install 100# valves springs.
It ran when I pulled it 2 months ago. At the very least it will need pulled down and cleaned out, possiblly a new cam and lifter set will be needed and a new oil pump. I had a turbo take a crap on it 2 years ago is why I state this. I did have the filter by pass blocked, so no turbo bearing contaminates were "pushed" through the engine. I had the pan off after this happened and cleaned it and the pickup out and ran multiple oil changes through it with a 10 micron filter. It did clean up but I would at least put a pump set in it before running it, and inspect the front cam lobes and lifters and chain. It still made great oil pressure when I pulled it and ran just fine. You could still drop it it and go after installing a couple of new gaskets, but I wanted to be forth coming on its history.

SOLD....Transmission details:
Original BRF Transmission. Still shifted firm and supported 12.3 et runs with no issues. It has no TV cable, no converter, and will need the 3.42 govenor gear set put in it as I had to rob them for my Stg 3.

I'll post pics this afternoon, and of my odometer to prove mileage. PM or jeremybaker79@hotmail.com is the best way to contact me until the buyer is serious about a purchase then we can talk. I'll accept cash or a Post Office Money Order.

Thanks, Jeremy.

Last edited:
Pic

Attachments

• 1437169180638.jpg
    1437169180638.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 66