'87 GN $4700 PA needs work

85supreme

Hey guys, the time has come to put one of the GNs up for sale.

This one was parked a little less than a year ago due to a light knock which gradually developed. We took the timing chain cover off since all of the noise was coming from the front of the engine. We didn't find anything wrong so I'm still not sure what it wrong with it. I've been told that it may be a bad cam sensor which is known to cause a knocking noise.

The body has some rot on the fenders, doors, rockers and trunk lid, but the frame is solid. The car will be coming with replacement rocker panels from Gbodyparts and front bumper fillers (fiberglass) the rears have already been replaced.

The interior is in good condition except for the drivers seat which could use a new cover.

The car has many mods, some are unknown:
Vacuum brake conversion
Garret AiResearch turbo
Spearco intercooler (very large for a stock location intercooler)
Remote oil filter setup
Double roller timing chain
Adjustable pushrods
Aftermarket exhaust with downpipe cutout
Slotted wheels (need new tires)
Brand new UMI upper and lower rear control arms with poly bushings
Aftermarket gauges (temp, boost, oil press, fuel press, tach)

[URL=http://s809.photobucket.com/user/supreme85/media/IMG_6262_zpsdbd72a5b.jpg.html]
IMG_6237_zpsa57317bc.jpg
[/url]

Asking $4700 obo. Located in Delco PA. 15 mins south of philly. PM me or comment your questions.

Thanks,
Mike

Interesting.
That Spearco is interesting to look at - but not nearly as interesting as that DP elbow with the 3 bolt - what? dump?
Never have seen that setup.

How are the floorpans?

thats a fender dump. at the track remove the cap and bolt on a short turn down that sticks through the fender well

Yes, the inner fender even has a little hole cut out for the attachment pipe. It did not come with the car so I do not have it. The floor pans are solid, just body panel rot.

Im with Heisenberg, interesting. Crazy how you routed the radiator house. No cooling issues?

That car has old school written all over it. Pretty cool. Good luck with the sale.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

All of the cars I ran with back in the 90's had the fender dump. That was before the evolution of massive downpipes.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app