87 coil and module on an 85

Jawbone

Confused
Hi can anyone help me with the wires that go from coil to module . yellow to what # green to what # and blue to what # and then other side has blue to which one 1st then 2nd then 3rd order

Wouldnt happen to know why car is pinging when i step on the gas hard .Other than gas what could cause that

not enough octane ,
too much boost for the octane you have
too much timing for the octane you have

you need to look at the o2s and make sure you arent running with knock

take a look at the plugs , could be the wrong plugs

Im new to these engines . I have an 85 t type hot air set up i did the ecm upgrade with coil module xp fuel pump hotwire kit adjustable reg and tt chip also a lt1 maf and a translator . So now i had this problem last year when i bought all this stuff the car wont start in the morning till it warms up outside do you know what could cause that

You think that the car would run like **** all the time but when i get the car started it runs great except the pinging. Now i just started reading the tt chip instructions and it told me to check the setting in the translator well i think it was set wrong but im not understanding all the adjustments for wot and all that . The fuel pressure was at 33 so i removed vac line and adjusted to 43 like instructions said to do but it all says something about idle air switch to . Car is started right now and idling good . I just really wish i had someone close to me that new these cars haha right . well car stalled and now it wont start it cranks but like its not getting fuel now

Jawbone... where in PA are you located... make sure you visit us at MAGNA on www.turbobuicks.com

We are hyper local to you, servicing all of the Mid atlantic region! They just had a meet in PA today!!! Im in northern NJ, and we have a heap-load of members in PA!!! You can find someone close without issue!

As far as your issue, we need some numbers. Do you have a boost guage? Do you have a scanmaster or powerlogger? Reason im asking, we need to know what boost, octane, o2's, maf/mat values and all that... With that info, we can find out if the pinging is knock or an internal issue...

Good luck!!!

john:D

At this moment i took ecm coil module and maf and translator out because car wont start when its cold it smells like its dumping to much gas or something . So it still pings im gonna hook up my scanmaster tomorrow and maybe you can go over it with me . I live in lancaster pa its actually ephrata pa lancaster county .

Make sure you check out the MAGNA guys on turbobuicks.com to find someone local to you... Theyre are a bunch of guys in lancaster county... I go to the threshermans reunion there every year in Kinzers, and I saw two GN's there last year on the highway. Im positive we have members close to you!

We'll get you going right!!!!

John

Well i just realized that i cant hook up the scanmaster until i put all the 87 stuff back in the car and the car wont run with that stuff in it .I want to say it has to do with programming the chip and i have tried that numerous times and cant get it right:mad: So i really dont no what do do