86 Grand National in Michigan, PT70, 83s, and more

Fenrir

1986 Buick Grand National with a clean and clear title. Southern car with the moon roof option. This is a race car with the heater core pulled. Car weighs 3150 lbs. I have driven the car on a 200+ mile trip but it is better suited for a weekend cruiser or race only. There are a few spots in the paint that need attenion but looks good overall. Drivers seat has rips and could use a cover or reupholstery. Car is located in northern Michigan.

Car has a stock block with aftermarket cam, ported stock heads, PT70 turbo, 83 lbs/hr injectors, MAFT Pro with wideband 02, CAS front mount intercooler, T&D roller rockers. Transmission is a TCI unit.

Asking 15000 or best offer. More pics can be seen here, GN album.

XcM4nl.jpg

nice car....but

I cannot understand for the life of me...been seeing this a few times lately...

WHY DO PEOPLE INSTALL A TACH IN A AUTOMATIC CAR????????

It makes the car look like a wannabe race car ...when it is much more then that......and the tach serves no purpose since there is no SHIFTING.....

I bought the car with the tach in it. I like to shift it at about 5800 RPMs but I have the shift light come on at 5600 since I seem to have a slow reaction.

It makes the car look like a wannabe race car ...when it is much more then that......and the tach serves no purpose since there is no SHIFTING.....

I cannot understand for the life of me...why people come into other people's for sale threads to make negative comments about a car they have not interest in.

This guy shifts through the gears himself when he races. I'm sure he wants to be accurate/consistent in doing so. In case you haven't noticed, the stock tach is worthless.

Ive got a 800hp wanabe race car with a automatic in it and a tach...?? You must have a "slowcar" if you dont have a tach and a shift light...For people that dont know,like yourself-You dyno your car and find the sweet power shift points and shift at that point when racing...Just because its a automatic DOES NOT mean the car wont shift once put into the next gear up...And im 100% sure thats a fuel gauge on the hood,not a tach and the reason for that is to make sure you dont run lean while racing and burn your pistons(so you want the gauge in front of your eyes)...Outside on the hood,is because if the line breaks you dont want fuel inside your car...HTH...Really nice car by the way..

I feel you, I'm so sick and tired of hearing the crap. That tachometer comment makes no sense at all considering, most factory cars have tachometer and there automatics with way less performance attributes. Example, base model Chevrolet Cobalt or Ford Focus.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'll be sad to see it go. The tach is a bigger unit but I found it really helpful especially when launching from a pro tree.

Here's a more complete list of mods to the car.

Motor is a stock block bored .030 over, TRW forged pistons, Total Seal rings. Erson 214-214 cam. High volume front cover, stock iron heads ported and polished by Glenn Self, 1.77 intake and 1.50 exhaust valves, ported intake and plenum.

Bolt ons include a PT70 turbo with .63 A/R exhaust housing, 83 lbs/hr injectors, MAFT Pro with chip, LC1 Wideband 02, CAS V2 front mount intercooler, 3" intercooler piping, Turbo saver, RJC powerplate, 1.55 T&D roller rockers, ATR 3 bolt headers and Pro series downpipe with a like new Tial wastegate, LT1 starter, 14" K&N filter, Walbro fuel pump, A.W. Sperry EGT, line lock, Autometer gauges, dual radiator fan, trunk battery, manual brakes, 3 inch single shot style exhaust.

I cannot understand for the life of me...why people come into other people's for sale threads to make negative comments about a car they have not interest in.

This guy shifts through the gears himself when he races. I'm sure he wants to be accurate/consistent in doing so. In case you haven't noticed, the stock tach is worthless.
Good one......;););)

AMEN to that, If you're not buying shut the F up and leave the guy alone.