86 GN Survivor 32000 miles

Richbel

Hey guys, I have finally finished detailing and now have a pristine unmolested GN. This car was bought new at Lester Glenn Buick in Toms River, New Jersey. Recent tuneup, oil change and service were all I needed to do to her. 100% original down to the original floor mats, original paint and original interior .I was forced to change the tires as, as they were replaced at 29000 miles in 1990 and were dry rotted. I did although put the eagle gt's from Kelsey on her. Give me some feedback and tell me what you think. the pic of the white 83 was my first car when I was 16. That car started the regal addiction.

Attachments

• IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3161.JPG
    IMG_3161.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_3162.JPG
    IMG_3162.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2846.JPG
    IMG_2846.JPG
    1,000 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3074.jpg
    IMG_3074.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3163.JPG
    IMG_3163.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3172.JPG
    IMG_3172.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3301.jpg
    IMG_3301.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 187
Car looks great! Love the tires! I didn't know that those were available. I may have to get some!
Thanks for shari and enjoy your new ride!
KID

Beautiful car! Nit picky things under the hood keep it from being 100% factory correct but only an enthusiast would know. Love the Eagle GT's. Wish I coulda put a set on my GN when I had one. Congrats!

please tell me what i need to update that I am unaware of. I know of the mass air flow and the coolant bottle hose.

please tell me what i need to update that I am unaware of. I know of the mass air flow and the coolant bottle hose.
I'm hardly the expert and its difficult to see on this small screen, but in addition to the coolant overflow hose and MAF, I see:

Oil filler neck was painted gray, at least on 87's. Not sure if 86's were not painted...
Oil cooler lines are the new smooth type opposed to the stock woven ones (probably a good thing though...)
Hose fitting for a radiator flush kit on the heater hose
Worm clamps at the MAF should be black like the ones at the intercooler and intake
Plug wires

Again, just little things here and there. I'm sure others could point out more for you if your intent is to keep it as close to factory looking. Almost impossible to keep it 100% factory correct 29 years later though. I tried to at one point but gave up. Lol!

The oil filler neck is original metal not painted, I have the NOS coolant tank with the proper hose, and a NOS MAF. The plug wires were recently changed with a tuneup and replaced with Ac Delco ones directly duplicating photos from a 5000 mile car. I'm sure over the years some stuff were changed, but as for now I'm going to drive it hopefully keep it as close to stock as possible.. Im hoping to take it to the GM Nationals in Carlisle in June and would like to have everything as right as possible. Thanks for the help..

The oil filler neck is original metal not painted, I have the NOS coolant tank with the proper hose, and a NOS MAF. The plug wires were recently changed with a tuneup and replaced with Ac Delco ones directly duplicating photos from a 5000 mile car. I'm sure over the years some stuff were changed, but as for now I'm going to drive it hopefully keep it as close to stock as possible.. Im hoping to take it to the GM Nationals in Carlisle in June and would like to have everything as right as possible. Thanks for the help..
Good luck at the GM Nationals (y). Its a beautiful car.

Forgot to mention, the passenger side of the brake fluid reservoir is overfilled. The proper level for that side should be about 3/8" or so off the bottom of the reservoir. Visit the stickies under the Brake, Suspension, Tires & Wheels section when you have a chance. If you were to pump down the system with it overfilled like it is now, brake fluid would leak out from under the lid and make a mess. Also, the brake fluid should be changed out at minimum once a year. I do it every 6 months same time I change engine oil. Probably overkill but brake fluid is cheap and sucking it out of the reservoir is fast and easy to do. The Powermaster system is very flaky and needs all the help it can get with regular servicing. And even that won't ensure it won't crap out at any time.

the powermaster needs service asap. i need to change the accumulator soon. when I do that then I will change the fluid also.
Thanks

Oil cooler lines are the new smooth type opposed to the stock woven ones (probably a good thing though...)
I stand corrected. I believe oil cooler lines on an 86 is supposed to be the smooth type. 87's had the fabric type.

My '86 GN has the smooth oil cooler hoses. I've owned mine since new and they have not been changed.
I ordered mine the last week you could get an '86. It does have the cross braces in front of the radiator which was an '87 thing, so I've been told. Not sure of that.

Nice ride!!! I have a set of non-dry rotten original 1987 Eagle GT's mounted to GN wheels off my 9,000 original mile car for sale. Please advise if you are interested.