84 gn idles good but dies while reving

Mrmakeithappen

Hi....I'm new to the site...and just traded for a 84 gn with 55k and t tops. It cranks and idles smooth but when I try to rev engine it stumbles and dies...it has new gas tank and filter...any help will be greatly appriciated

I have the same year car almost the same mileage and am having the same problem.

Have some tap the MAF while you try to raise the idle. If it straighten out, you have a bad MAF..

No Chk engine light while its running ....I dnt have anything to read codes ...but I'm in the process of trying to get one...what's the best scanner to use?....I'm new to this....I've had the car about a week r so...I've just been reading on this site.trying to figure out which route i want to go as far as upgrades...I'm not really into racing....I jus want a peppy street car

No Chk engine light while its running ....I dnt have anything to read codes ...but I'm in the process of trying to get one...what's the best scanner to use?....I'm new to this....I've had the car about a week r so...I've just been reading on this site.trying to figure out which route i want to go as far as upgrades...I'm not really into racing....I jus want a peppy street car
Anything from a paper clip to OTC monitor or Turbolink will work to pull codes for 84-85 computer.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk