83 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser Wagon

I would guess if any would fit it would be the 81,82, maybe 80. Get a hold of TURBOFISH. I know in order to put the 84 up front end on it you have add some sheetmetal to the doors cause it don't quite fill the gaps on the wagon doors. Looks kinda cool though, saw a pic of a blakc one somewhere. If I was gonna do a wagon it would be black with grey interior, 84 front, 84 up dash, buckets and center console with some factory t wheels. All black trim, that would just be the ultamate road trip/parts hauler/family ride:cool:

1978-1980 Turbo hoods will bolt on. However they changed the hood supports from springs to struts in I think 79, so unless you are sure it matches what you have on the car, get the springs or struts along with it. The "short nose" Regal is 78-80 all and 81-83 4dr and wagon only. There might be an aluminum version floating around but I don't know if it was made with the turbo buldge. The LeSabre could have had the small wheel bolt pattern if it has the 7.5in 10-bolt rear axle and the non-HD suspension. However wagons rarely didn't get them due to weight so I don't know about getting much off of one for use on an intermediate sized wagon.

4-12-08 update

ok got the timing cover painted and installed new seal, got a set of stock ported headers, my buddy archie from gn1performance donated a 3" dp and a couple for nuts and bolts ill be sending the headers and dp to get bead blasted the coated, ordered timing chain and roller cam button from fullthrottlespeed yesterday so im waiting on those parts to show up. i also installed the gn wheels it actually gives the wagon a better stans the rears have 275/60s and the fronts have 195/65 rubber on them.

Attachments

• IMG00087.jpg
    IMG00087.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,350
  • IMG00088.jpg
    IMG00088.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,332
  • IMG00089.jpg
    IMG00089.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 1,347
  • IMG00090.jpg
    IMG00090.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,338
  • IMG00091.jpg
    IMG00091.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,452
couldnt resist putting the turbo on:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG00092.jpg
    IMG00092.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,321
  • IMG00093.jpg
    IMG00093.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,331
  • IMG00094.jpg
    IMG00094.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,334
thanks,go with the gn drivetrain it will look killer when the a$$ starts to go sideways when its underboost, i just picked up some stock ported headers that kenny duttwieler use to experiment with, i also got a timing cover so ill be cleaning that up shortly the headers ima have bead blasted to remove some of rust so the paint sticks good. i still need to buy the timing chain and cam spring.

Yep... actually AF86GN and I both have to make a little trip to one of the outer islands... He has to get his Wagon, and I have to go get a 1964 ElCamino 327/4 speed...

If he'd buy the damned motor/trans from me I could get rid of the rest of that Rusty POS 86 GN in my yard :biggrin:

Originally Posted by usetaboost
"Yes, but full size buick and the black vector wheels. Then have my buddy graft a TR hood scoop on"

I know where there is one of these for sale, looks to be real nice shape. I've always wanted to find a G body Pontiac wagon or a G body 2 door Lemans.
Looking good.

Update 4-30-08 thanks guys, so far I got the dr side header painted and installed, new water pump and t/state, my buddy petesgn is bead blasting the ps side header once I get it I can install the turbo and crossover, ill be purchaing a turbo luber pretty soon, I also got a wiring harness from petesgn so that saved me a lot of time.

I to have an 83 Olds Wagon. Mine has wood grain which is peeling off but the car is a real sleeper. I had it to the track once, first time I ever drove a turbo car and the first time I had this car to the strip. The 60 ft was not great 1.94, but it still went 11:42 124.8 mph. (They trough me off the track, no cage). The drive train came from an 86 GN. I built the trans with additional clutches, completely rollerized it, big old servo and modified the oiling system. The turbo is a TA60 with 50# injectors, homemade 3.250 down pipe into a 4" exhaust. Installed an up front intercooler and alky. Had only one street race with a Viper and he was one surprised guy, I am 67 years old and he could have been my grandson, what a look on his face.
Good luck with your car, mine is a blast to drive and I have more fun than you could imagine.

what kind of paint is the red paint on the heads and intake...? epoxy or glyptal?

Update 5-16-08

just picked up my exhaust from gn1performance and its bitch!ng, i collector at the cat is a woping 5" opening i guess i wont have a restriction problems;) i just have to have the tailpipes fabricated longer since the wagon is a lil longer. i decided to go with his headers also but i have to have the passenger side fabricated for external wastegate.

Attachments

• IMG00131.jpg
    IMG00131.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,157
  • IMG00132.jpg
    IMG00132.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,152
  • IMG00133.jpg
    IMG00133.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,161
  • IMG00134.jpg
    IMG00134.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,150
  • IMG00135.jpg
    IMG00135.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,144
You shouldn't have to modify the tailpipes. The wagons are the same length. I had a factory Turbo Regal exhaust on mine, and two different aftermarket ones on there. All three fit fine. The only thing you may have to watch out for is the driver's side tailpipe. It will be a little close to the front corner of the gas tank.

B-body wagons with the LT1 had a heat shield around the gas tank to protect it from the dual exhaustes. Something you could think about implimenting on the G-body wagon maybe.

I have an '83 malibu wagon - went EFI 5 years ago. In-tank pump. Its a junkyard solution... get a in-tank pump from a '88-'92 full size van. The tanks are about the same depth. You'll need to fiddle with the gage sender a bit and plug the big vent line. 2 hours with a propane torch and its ready to go. Yes the wagon tanks are baffled. Get a pump from a 454SS pickup - its a direct fit.

The big vent tube is connected to the filler neck on the van. The wagon doesn't have this so it needs to be plugged. Once you have both pickups in front of you it'll be real easy to sort out what needs to be done.
How to convert the tank to EFI fueling, I got this from a guy that used to work for EMS-Pro who put a system on a 355 Chevy in his Malibu wagon. Also be sure to hook a return line up.