82 Regal Limited with 774 original miles

Thanks. It really does take some time to do but well worth it in the end. It won't hyrt your bottom end but it really wakes the top up quite a bit. You son't want to know what I charge to do it though. Sold the last intake partially finshed for $150 and it's in Norway now.:biggrin:

Thanks. It really does take some time to do but well worth it in the end. It won't hyrt your bottom end but it really wakes the top up quite a bit. You son't want to know what I charge to do it though. Sold the last intake partially finshed for $150 and it's in Norway now.:biggrin:

hey I Found some rochester 4bbl carbs in some cars out here... should I pull em? BTW I liked that Porting thread. Aj Had the Best Info there. I didn know that much work had to go into the carb if you do a BT setup.

hey I Found some rochester 4bbl carbs in some cars out here... should I pull em? BTW I liked that Porting thread. Aj Had the Best Info there. I didn know that much work had to go into the carb if you do a BT setup.

As far as the Q-jets if you can get them for like $20 then I'd get them, other wise forget them.

You don't need to do that much porting but every bit helps.:biggrin:

As far as the Q-jets if you can get them for like $20 then I'd get them, other wise forget them.

You don't need to do that much porting but every bit helps.:biggrin:

Well I just realized, ive got an 87 motor sitting next to me with heads. I could do a bit of porting on those 8445 heads, or find a junkyard set to practice on... someone say An iron Duke head...:biggrin:...Aj....?

, or find a junkyard set to practice on... someone say An iron Duke head...:biggrin:...Aj....?

Ha.... i need duke heads.

any 1990 up S10 duke head fetches a mighty fine price around these parts.

you forget while the duke may not be popular up in your parts,

its a very very popular midget race engine in the south and midwest.

A.j.

Ha.... i need duke heads.

any 1990 up S10 duke head fetches a mighty fine price around these parts.

you forget while the duke may not be popular up in your parts,

its a very very popular midget race engine in the south and midwest.

A.j.

I see sooo many Iron duke motor up here its insane. I think I was telling you about that somerset we used to have with an iron duke in it, ran forever. If i find a chevy s10 (1990 later) with heads on it Ill let you know.

Who makes the .030 pistons you have in your block? Nice pickup with the 4.1L 4bbl Intake manifold.

Who makes the .030 pistons you have in your block? Nice pickup with the 4.1L 4bbl Intake manifold.

Pistons made by Silv-O-Lite and got a great deal on the intake from jdpolzin.
Put in a Comp Cams 69-234-4 cam as well, gonna top it off with a Holley 390.

Gonna make it my daily grocery getter :D

Get a 650 spread bore and a 1 inch hiker for the carb. It will work much better for you. The stock Q-jet is rated at 800 BTW.

I know those, Keith Black Silv-o-lite. Great looking Not bad for Hyper pistons, How much are a set at that bore?

Well, since I changed my intake to a 4.1 and got the new stat housing to go with it my bypass hose has changed.
I don't want to by-pass the by-pass:p , just want to find the correct hose.

Is this the elusive gm 25525245 "s" hose that I need to find or would this be somthing else?

If this is the hose I need, anybody got one for sale ?

Thanks...

Attachments

• bypass hose.jpg
    bypass hose.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 269
Do yourself a favor and block it off. All it does is put more heat into the engine and they have enough issues with cooling. I had hell with my old NA keeping it cool and blocking it helped some.

All it will do is slow the engine down on warm up a little. It doesn't drop it much but it does help keep it cooler.

Well, since I changed my intake to a 4.1 and got the new stat housing to go with it my bypass hose has changed.
I don't want to by-pass the by-pass:p , just want to find the correct hose.

Is this the elusive gm 25525245 "s" hose that I need to find or would this be somthing else?

If this is the hose I need, anybody got one for sale ?

Thanks...

You can get the S hose from any parts store. Just gotta go in the back and match it up and cut to fit. A 3 core radiator should take care of all your cooling needs. DOn't piss with the fbody radiator. Just had this discussion with Polzin a few days ago. I come from IROC country, I know what works for radiators and what doesn't and a 3 core out performs the stock fbody radiator by far. The fbody radiator may work in a n/a application but I don't plan on ever putting one in my car. I'll keep the extra 17lbs of fat.