8.02 @ 177... :)

KEVINS

I just want to pass on some good news that I received today.
Last week a gentlemen emailed me with suspension problems on his buddies EXT STREET Camaro.
Combo consist of 522ci, 14-71 blower running on alcohol and 14x31 ET STREETS.
pic: http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts...hoto=024S004B000077&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

After plotting his suspenion and giving him some ideas on where to start they tested it at Super Chevy Sunday last weekend and here is his reply:

Kevin,
Thanks a lot for your time, everything went better than expected. We went for condition 3 because we knew we had a limited number of passes at super chevy. We also tried a long instant center in Vegas similar to the first setting you sent (in front of CG) and it just made a bunch of smoke. So we went for it and I (condition 3) pulled as much power out as I could with timing, fuel and ran it in 4000ft air. It responded with a 1.320 60 ft (best ever) and a 8.42 at 169.4mph. The car did nothing stupid but struggled a little to bump the wheelie bars. On video, the rear tire would spin one revolution before the front end would move. So it added a little more bite by moving the instant center to 90% antisquat and 51 inches out. Also, I adjusted the front limiters to allow 2 inches more travel and raised the wheelie bars another inch. I put the timing back in the engine and the car went 8.02 at 176.85 on a bad track!! The 60 ft time was 1.300, 330 was 3.42, 1/8 5.241, 1/8 mph 140.5. The next pass, it looked like it could take more power out of the hole. I added 2 degrees more timing out of the hole, roger forgot about it (he wants a 7 real bad) and hit the timing advance button with the front end up in the air. The car smoked the tires with the front tires about 12 inches off the ground and didn't stop hazing the tires for about 150ft and still went 8.14 and 1.310 60 ft.
On the 8.14 pass, the chute did not open. Roger went around the corner pretty fast at the end but he got it stopped.
We are new at this stuff and I think we need to take chute packing 101. I will get you a video in a week or so........

New tires on the way, the ones we ran were a year old and feel a little hard. I agree with you, there should be a 1.25 60 foot in it. We will have new tires for Bakersfield CA this weekend if it does not rain. Remember, the class record is 7.99 and the mph record is 177mph. I think we are going to wake them up. The air in Bakersfield will be 1000 to 1200 ft corrected. We ran in 4000 ft at super chevy. I got to be careful not to him run past 180, chassis is only good for 7.5 at 180.
Super Chevy might have some pics of the green monster on there web site, I haven't checked yet. Roger did two burnouts from Hell, I could not see him through the smoke cloud. I thought he was going to run me over, I could not see him to back him in, but I could hear him coming.....

A great weekend
Thanks Kevin,
Bobby.

Seeing that email made me so excited because of the amount of raw power an alcohol, blown car can make and now he will be a HUGE contender in his class (I have no doubt they will set a new record). They were so troubled and could hardly even make a hard launch before (60's were 1.4's-1.5's because of the violent nature of the blown, alchy motor) but now they can make a full pass..

That car looks AUSOME!!!
ks:cool:

Congrats Kevin!!!

Sounds like you are one helluva suspension guru with many satisfied customers:) That car looks insane and those times are down right nasty!!!:eek:

Keep up the good work and keep us updated:cool:

Thanks!!

I can't wait to see if a new record is set next weekend!! They will destroy the record when it does happen!!:cool:

I wasn't too sure how good the "street" tires would hook up but there were some adjustments made for them and the trigger was pulled!..LOL..

That car is driven by Roger Renfrow of Tempe AZ and he runs in PSCA's Extreme class. Here is a link to the site and the rules for the class he runs in.

http://www.pscaracing.com

Same Race Series that Patrick Martinez is gonna race his Stage 2 Buick in.

Originally posted by HighPSI
Wow! I didn't know those tires or that blower were legal in EZ Street!

ooppss..sorry.. My bad.. .. It should be X-Treeme Street as mentioned above.. It was a typo..

I was just informed that there is a 2000 red, Stang with a Pat Musi powered sbf, that may be faster. Any idea which car it is?:cool:

jamie beat me to it. his car is nice, very clean and very well done. he is a cool guy too. he will talkto you for ever if you are cool and catch him at a time when he can talk.

good work kevin!