79 LeSabre rear arms

Silver 6

Combustion Engine Addict
I have been reading some of the other lists for the "B" bodies and decided to order the upgrade for the 9c1 cop car package. It seems they were having problems with the sway bar mounts on the rear and the factory made a retro fit kit to fix it.

#10289786 from Dal was $88.63 plus shipping. For that you get two lower control arms and all mounting hardware for the arms and for the rear sway bar(not the bar itself). I think that is a pretty good buy. Even better than the $79 for two GM 1LE rear lowers from SLP for the Regal. No hardware from them. Both of these sets of arms have stiffer bushings than our cars came with stock, but still not as stiff as poly..and they will not squeak or bind.

Now I am going to look for the 9c1 sway bars locally from someone parting out a Caprice squad. The bars on my old 79 L/S Sport Coupe look to be smaller than the ones on my 87 T Regal.

Even if that doesn't pan out for you, you can always get a set from an Impala SS. According to my sources FE4 and 9C1 used the same arms.
Eric Fisher