78 regal performance

did a little update to the site hope it helps. https://sites.google.com/site/beforeblackracing/racing-a-before-black-basic
yes the carb is special. any qjet wont work. make a post that your looking for one if you want to convert over to the 4bbl. you will have to change the carb pad too i think.

any 200r4 crossmember will work just modded my stock350 one to put in my 700 you will need apainless wiring kit to adapt it to your 78 Put aholley 600 vac secondary on it would not go any bigger on your app. Give it a good tune up and go from there. I have a used set of 342 gears cheap actually have 2 sets, Gears and exhaust will help the most and you will need them before you do any more mods or it will seem useless.

You can add the mount for the other crossmember fairly easily. Here's a pic of the frame I'm using on mine and it didn't come with it. I found the metal and welded it on.:)

Attachments

• DSCN0002.JPG
    DSCN0002.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 166
A single exhaust will develope more torque that a dual and a dual exhaust will only give you a small amount of HP gain. The torque is what moves you down the road so you might want to think about that.:)

Now as for the exhuast what knd of set up do you recomend, and should i eliminste cat...can i eliminate cat?

removing the cat will definitely increase flow if you dont need to pass emissions then id chop it off and you should follow charlies advice about the single exhaust i did :p and im running a NA engine

No sense going bigger than the exhaust size. It does notthing to improve flow.

A single exhaust will develope more torque that a dual and a dual exhaust will only give you a small amount of HP gain. The torque is what moves you down the road so you might want to think about that.:)
Totally disa gree with that statemant have a 2.5 cat back system it was the first thing i diid to the car night and day diferance in performance at any speed.

Totally disa gree with that statemant have a 2.5 cat back system it was the first thing i diid to the car night and day diferance in performance at any speed.

The catch here is that it's after the cat, not straight off the manifolds. If you split the exhaust off the down pipe you actually have turbulance at the joint where the 2 pipes join. A single won't give the same issue. It flows the same all the way back instead of having to divide where the pipes join. It does offer more area for the exhaust to flow through but a 3" single will give you more overall area and less fitment issues.:) You just have to make sure you've got a decent muffler like a magnaflow in the system to remove restriction.;)

If I was gonna do a b4b car I would do single. Less weight and it still looks stock. If you've ever watched a TR run in cold weather it is obvious more exhaust comes out one side than the other. Can't remember which side that is exactly but it isn't hard to prove.

First of all it is fisically impossible for 2 2.5 io have more back pressure than 1 3 inch it is physically impossible second of all one pipe looks stupid third of all if you are relly worried abot the weight gut your car really weight give me a break?

First of all it is fisically impossible for 2 2.5 io have more back pressure than 1 3 inch it is physically impossible second of all one pipe looks stupid third of all if you are relly worried abot the weight gut your car really weight give me a break?

I would listen to Charlie he really know his stuff. His word is hold around here. And it is most certainly physically possible for it to cause more back-pressure depending on the design of the system.