78 Malibu wagon

nastynavy

I have my 78 malibu wagon that I hate to sell but I got a line on a another project I can't pass up. I have owned the car for about 3 years now and have done everything listed to the vehicle. The body is pretty solid with a little rust on the rear quarter on the drivers side that is through. There is a little rust in a few other areas but it is not needing to be cut out or anything. The rear frame rails are not real good and need to be replaced. I was going to get new ones and notch the frame but I had not gotten around to it yet. The interior is original and needs to be gone through. I started on the motor and was on my way to the interior. I have a set of leather buckets for the front along with a auto shifter and console from a 96 Trans Am that goes with the car to put in. I have all the plastics but the rears and the headliner are out of the car and need redyed. I have redyed the door panels and have custom speaker pods for the front door panels to have 5 1/2" component speakers in. The rims on the car right now are 16" Extreme wheels off an s-10 with new Dunlop tires on the front and M/T Drag Radials on the rear. The suspension is all stock and rubs on the front tires. It is the design of the tires because the old ones I had didn't rub. The suspension works great at the track but if you wanted to go with a set of 16's or 17's instead of skinnies and fatties I would redo the suspension.
Now for the drivetrain. I have a 355 4 bolt main motor with KB flattops and reconditioned hd rods. It was all fresh about 5,000 miles ago. The heads are Vortecs that are port matched with higher lift springs. The cam is a split grind 112/116 with a 454 durartion at .050 and it has 1.6 rockers on it. It has a vortec Air Gap intake with a Holley 750 DP carb with a new bigger front accelorator pump. I have a MSD 6al box and blaster coil and a Billet MSD distributer. I have a turbo regal radiator in it as well and have a turbo regal electric fan that I was going to install. I have long tubes with dual 2 1/2" exhaust with x-pipe with new convertors and Dynomax Ultra Flow mufflers with turndowns. The transmission is a 200r4 overdrive BRF code from a turbo regal that is in great shape with a shift kit. The convertor is a 3200 Coan convertor. I have new trans lines that I have not installed yet as the others are leaking just a little at the trans. I also have a new trans cooler to put on as well. The rear is also an 8.5 10 bolt from a turbo regal that has 3:42 gears. The rear end is open and needs a posi unit. The car ran a 13.34 with the old 7.5 and 3:73 gears and untuned so with a little tuning it should go in the 12's with someone who can mess with a carb.
It runs great and is a good all around car. I don't really want to sell but I can't pass up the other chance I have right now. I would like to get $4200 for the car with all the extras but I am willing to sell without the seats and wheels for less$. Let me know if there are any questions or anything I can answer. My cell is 765-474-7755 and my email is nastynotch92@yahoo.com if you need anything. Thanks for reading this.
I am posting some pics and some are with the old Pro Stars and the others show the Extreme wheels. The hood is the stock hood on the car now.

Josh1a.jpg

Josh4.jpg

BuwagonEwheels2.jpg

BuwagonEwheels3.jpg

drpaneldriver3.jpg

drpanelpass.jpg

Joshbuwagonmotor1.jpg

Joshbuwagonmotor.jpg

I wanted everyone to know a semi trailer ran into the back of the car and totalled it today. If anyone needs any parts I am planning on keeping it I just have to work things out with the insurance. I am keeping the motor, trans and ignition but the rest of the car will be parted.