70 Trubo with Stock Bracket ???

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Can you use the stock turbo bracket with the large shaft turbos?

I have a 70 double ball bearing with the P trim .63 exhaust housing to fit a THDP.

Doesn't have the factory bracket mounting tab with the two studs.

Do they fit from other turbos to use the stock support bracket?

Or do I have to fab. errrr cobble up something. ;)

TIA :)

My LT70 (Q trim GT) Came with the stock style bracket tabs and bolted up just the same. I did have to moddify it to mountthe shield tho.

Not worried about the shield at all.

This thing is too purty to need one. ;)

Gotta find, modify, or fabricate a bracket with tabs for support, it's kind of heavy too. :)

Thanks for the info.

That is just more weight:D

On a side note though I find it hard to believe we have just about everything else but nobody has stepped forward to make a nice mounting bracket. I would love to see one that has different plates for attaching and maybe a two piece with some form of adjuster to get the tension just right. Would also have to be easily removed (two piece again) instead of having to deal with getting the bolts in the block. Wish I could weld and had some metal!

I agree, but I'm more electrical than mechanical. ;)

Probably impossible to make it fit all turbos, downpipes, headers, and wastegate systems too.

I think with a daily driver I'd want a bracket on the turbo. :)

Originally posted by Intercooler
That is just more weight:D

On a side note though I find it hard to believe we have just about everything else but nobody has stepped forward to make a nice mounting bracket.

Maybe Bill Anderson's shop could handle this fabrication. :confused:

Aside from just holding on the turbo shield, do you really need the bracket???

On a daily driver, yup. :)

Got it to work the part with the studs on it from a stocker is the exact same size as the Innovative part, it should work fine if I ever get the thing on the car. :cool:

Support, no way am I using a shield with a purple annodized backing plate, polished housing, water cooling, double ballbearing showpiece. :D

Originally posted by salvageV6
On a daily driver, yup. :)

Got it to work the part with the studs on it from a stocker is the exact same size as the Innovative part, it should work fine if I ever get the thing on the car. :cool:

Support, no way am I using a shield with a purple annodized backing plate, polished housing, water cooling, double ballbearing showpiece. :D

Ahh, the turbine housing will rust just like all the low buck ones. :) The stock support works with almost any variation you can name except perhaps the 88s with the big melon housing. You have to shorten the studs sometimes with a bigger A/R turbine housing as they're fatter.

If you really want something trick you could commission a "SecondHand Six Racing" masterpiece from yours truly for a small fee. ;)

What would that be?

Second Hand Six Racing has a nice ring to it. :)

Going on my sponsors car.

SalvageV6Racing. :D

Blew a brake line out in the car today at 111 mph.

That was fun. :eek:

Rusty Steele got me. :(